Wait till Black Friday to Buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lolajlb, Nov 9, 2013.

1. lolajlb macrumors newbie

So, I'm eyeing one of the MacBook Pro models and maxxing out on the RAM. I have the money, so I can buy now if I wanted. But does it make sense to wait till Black Friday? Since my husband is in college, he has Education discount, so I'll be taking advantage of that.

2. pat.micunnis macrumors regular

I would recommend that you order now.

The Edu discount is going to be cheaper. Black Friday only offers 101 (Apple Store) - 150 (Best Buy from last year) off. And you can't stack the discounts.

3. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

Not sure your going to see much of a discount on the top dog in the lineup. If anything from Apple maybe 50 dollars. Its not worth the wait and also the shipping times will grow as well.

4. john123 macrumors 68000

john123

Zero discount on top of EDU pricing. Go ahead and buy today.

5. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

Your exactly right I missed the Education line on the original post. Yup zero means zero. Ziltch Nada and No go Joe. LOL

Worse than the money maybe the shipping times around black Friday. A lot of folks will most likely order than as well.

Not to mention you could be on your new laptop right now and miss all the fun. My setup is just about perfect now. Took several days and just finished with the new airport extreme this morning.

Not to get off topic but I bet I can use my old extreme as a extender. My son is on the other side of the house with a X box machine. Like to just put that in his room

6. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

agreed with buying now with the education discount, since you can't stack on top of it.. not even promo codes given by apple.

7. lolajlb thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahhh . . . that's what I thought. Thanks for confirming my suspicions! Yeah, ail be ordering early next week.

8. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

BTW if your going for a completely maxed out 15 inch 2.6 16gb 1TB Hard drive. They have them in the store but they do not list them on line as available . I bought several like this just walk in and ask them to check stock on hand. They have them

9. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

Does Apple also discount Employee Purchase Program prices on Black Friday?