Wait till next year iphone 7 not buying 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipadpro, Aug 31, 2015.

1. ipadpro macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

anyone in here wait till iphone 7 next year fall 2016 and decide not buy iphone 6S /// :D:D:D:D

2. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

I guess they're going to decide when it actually comes out...

3. Trespanthers macrumors newbie

Trespanthers

4. Jsameds macrumors 68030

Go for the S cycle. They are generally much more reliable than the number cycle.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Part of the reason we are on next is to easily upgrade yearly. We pay slightly more than the historical depreciation for these devices (6 plus remains to be seen, but in assuming it will fit the pattern). I see no real reason not to upgrade.

6. Izauze macrumors 6502

Absolutely been nothing unreliable about the 6+. And I would have shot myself in the face if I was still trying to use that tiny screen with no battery for a whole year in order to hold out for a marginal camera bump.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'll wait and see what the S looks like before making any decisions. Of course I'm on the non-s subsidized cycle, so I'd rather not go to the Next program or pay full price when in effect, I'm still paying for the 6 phone.

8. yui4 macrumors 6502

Waiting until the 7+ until I upgrade. First time in several years I won't be getting the s model

9. I7guy macrumors G5

I'm taking a wait and see approach. Most probably get the 6s though; phone us two years old. Ancient in iPhone years.

10. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

I always find, in my own opinion, the 'S' upgrades to be better upgrades. Of course, there's usually no, or very little in terms of design changes. However, I like the fact that they S usually comes with a pretty major feature such as significant camera upgrades, or features like Siri and Touch ID.

I for one will always stay on the 'S' model, but that's my own personal decision.

11. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I am going to keep getting every iPhone that comes out every year, hopefully always on launch day.

12. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I have decided to stay on the number change cycle. I get more personal satisfaction out of the design changes than the internal spec bumps. For instance I will wait for the design change next year rather than get the S with force touch, same with Touch ID. Though I absolutely love Touch ID, I imagine force touch will be similar in satisfaction.

13. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

Yes I wait for the non S models.

14. ipadpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

wow alot fans wait for number 7 ....

i cant wait i love iphone - i want something new all times -

the only thing i wait is ipad - i wait for ipad pro and decide not get ipad air 2 even it on sale :D

15. Jsameds macrumors 68030

Apart from the bending issue and the camera problems of course. Before you jump on my back about bendgate I do think the whole thing was blown out of proportion, but ultimately it is a design flaw.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I won't be upgrading. I got my 6 plus in January, and I don't need to upgrade in less than a year.

17. rockitdog Suspended

I will be waiting for the 7 unless something unforeseen is announced at launch.

18. ipadpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

13 more month waiting ... wow that long road ..... o_O

19. TechnicallyTee macrumors demi-god

TechnicallyTee

I will decide once the announcement is finished. Usually I always have to have the latest and greatest but honestly I do not feel like going through all the pre-order madness. Might wait until the storm calms down. Most people just like having the satisfaction of having the first batch. Still love my 6 Plus.

20. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm waiting… may even wait for 7S.

21. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I think I'll wait for the full specs before deciding. If the 6S has 2GB of ram then I will likely order one immediately. I'm also hoping for the 6S to have a 1080p screen. If it has neither of these and there's no other compelling reason or feature then I think I will pass.

22. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

My iPhone 6 Plus has been fine, I'm waiting for the 7

23. ipadpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

apple to smart - they know weakness point of customer - they will release tiny weapon but making people want it right away

here some sample

iphone 4S - nothing better but siri
    5s - nothing better but Gold color

and now

6S nothing better but i am 100% guarantee 4K camera shooting

clear ultra hd retina resolution than now

people will want it and move on

24. businezguy macrumors 6502

If the iPhone 6S Plus comes with 2 gigs of RAM and the base model comes with 32 gigs of storage, I'll upgrade. Otherwise, it's a no go, I'll stand in principle. And what's more, I can upgrade annually so I have nothing to gain financially by waiting. Basically I will not make my purchase out of protest because I don't like how Apple is trying to force me to spend more so they can make higher margins.

25. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

• Unless it's a different form factor I'm not upgrading.