Wait till Tuesday to Buy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sparkomatic, Jun 7, 2008.

1. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

It's my birthday weekend and was thinking about picking up an touch but wondering....what if, after any announcements made on Tuesday, the capacities of the touch change or there is a price drop?

Does anyone here think Tuesday will have any effect on the touch?

And, if I buy one this weekend at the Apple Store, come Tuesday, if there's a price drop, would the Apple Store honor it?

Just thought I'd check in here for opinions. Thanks guys!

2. davidg14 macrumors newbie

3. sgtboy macrumors 6502

I know as much as your itching to buy it, you will be better off waiting till tuesday.

4. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

I can see them definitely updating it to match some of the new technology in the iPhone, but I doubt it'll be before September. Still though, I think it'd be too risky not to wait till Tuesday. It's only a couple more days and you could end up getting a much better deal.

5. sparkomatic thread starter macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I knew you all were gonna say that! Damn! lol

6. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

One thing that they'll definitely mention is the 2.0 software update, which will be an additional cost for iPod touch. If anything, they'll probably say future purchases will get the update for free. Wait.

7. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

if it were me i would definetly wait. nothing will probaly happen. just to be extra safe tho

8. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

Could one buy it now and go back to get it updated for free? after all its only 2 days away..

edit: nvm its been stated above.

I dont think there will be any price drops, or apple will reduce the rebate to compensate.

9. AndrewAD macrumors newbie

I was at target today and was going to buy an 8 gb iPod touch, when I was told by a worker at the store that they didn't have any, as they were going to be discontinued by apple. I think this would mean that they will drop the iPod touch prices, eg 16gb 299, 32gb 399, possible 64 gb at 499?

10. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

Makes sense. That's probably why they're giving them away for the school promotion.

11. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

The keynote was about 48 hours from the OP, so I say wait :p Hell, lucky you might get 2.0 for free while the rest of have to pay.

12. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Just wait, its not like the first release of the ipod touches. It will still be there waiting for you on Tuesday.