Wait till wwdc to get a mbp?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GalenAus, May 21, 2008.

  1. GalenAus macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2008
    Location:
    Australia
    #1
    Hey guys, i was just looking for some advice as to wether i should go ahead an get a macbook pro now or wait till wwdc?
    Is there talk of a mbp upgrade and a significant one of that or not?
     
  2. psychofreak Retired

    psychofreak

    Joined:
    May 16, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #2
    There is talk of a whole case re-design, but no one here knows.
     
  3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

    edesignuk

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2002
    Location:
    London, England
    #3
    It's doubtful, but with WWDC so close, unless you really can't wait it makes sense to hold out and see what happens.
     
  4. jonswan macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    #4
    Most of the smart money is on a Q3 release of newly designed MB/MBPs (July onwards) but if there's no harm in waiting for the WWDC then why not wait a little?
     
  5. noodles12 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 21, 2008
    #5
    I'm looking at the refurbished store.

    Will these models get cheaper if there is a new version of the MB/P announced?

    If it's announced in June, when will they actually be ready for purchase? (the newer models)

    What has been the case in the past?

    Thanks.
     
  6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #6
    Agreed. WWDC is in a couple of weeks so unless you absolutely need one now, wait and see what happens.
     
  7. blk88memorz macrumors newbie

    blk88memorz

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2008
    Location:
    Griechenland
    #7
    maybe you should wait 3 weeks more.
    but i think the WWDC will be a '3G iPhone' event and nothing more.
     
  8. tunakuja macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    #8
    Was i the same boat as you but decided to get it straight away as redesign will not change specs as the next significant release of intel chips is next year so felt it made more sense to get it now. hope that helps
     
  9. audiophile42 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2006
    #9
    If you are a student, I would wait. Apple is likely to have another back to school promotion involving discounts on printers and iPods. People are suggesting early June for when it starts. That's what I'm waiting for to replace my 15" Powerbook G4 with a 24" iMac :D
     
  10. ayeying macrumors 601

    ayeying

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2007
    Location:
    Yay Area, CA
    #10
    I'm waiting for the case design. I could care less if they still had the same parts but imo, teh case looks ugly compared to the air. I'm hoping they'll come out with a new model/design at WWDC.. or i'd have to wait until Q3 =\
     
  11. SDLSteve macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2004
    Location:
    Florida
    #11
     

Share This Page