Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonk1183

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
i am not a developer but i can purchase the $99 license and install beta ios7 and use it right? i understand there could be bugs and glitches i just want to make sure if i spend the 99 i can have access to ios7 early.

Iphoneness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
Raleigh, North Carolina
i am not a developer but i can purchase the $99 license and install beta ios7 and use it right? i understand there could be bugs and glitches i just want to make sure if i spend the 99 i can have access to ios7 early.

Yes, if you pay the $99 you'll be able to register your device and you'll be able to download the betas.

ad5ll

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
I purchased a developer account. What's everyone been experiencing as how long between time of purchase and receiving the activation email?

Please keep us posted on how long it took you, I am waiting as well.

Grkbella03

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
I got mine after an hour. How to install it though? Tried it though itunes but kept getting an error message. Anyone have this issue?

Jtc720

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2013
Colorado
The member center has a "programs" tab, you can see your enrollment status by going to that tab in the member center.

Thank you

----------

I enrolled at 722 still pending it says .... Now can you download OTA or just through I tunes ?

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
Thank you

----------

I enrolled at 722 still pending it says .... Now can you download OTA or just through I tunes ?

Has to be through iTunes, there is no OTA for the initial beta.

Also, Dev center is showing maintenance page for me now..

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
About an hour to get activation e-mail. However, myself and others are having a problem where a newly registered phone isn't recognized as registered. The assumption is the servers are slammed.

The point is be prepared for a delay in activation on a newly registered device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.