wait to get ipad 2 for better deals?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by supermac96, Jul 17, 2011.

1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

should i get an ipad 2 now or should i wait till black friday. will there be big enough deals that it will be worth the wait? how much of a discount is expected on and ipad 2 on black friday? thanks!

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

None I should think. As far as I'm aware Apple doesn't allow retailers to discount their hardware. Besides there is still a high demand for iPad 2's and it's only now that the online Apple store has reduced it's dispatch time to just a few days. In my opinion you're not going to see any deals regards the iPad 2 then or any other time.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Black Friday only saved you 45 dollars on the original iPad. Not even enough to pay for tax in SoCal.

5. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

uummmm...try none.

you won't see a price drop until a new model comes out and that will probably be Q1 2012. imo, not worth the wait.

6. Cannoli. macrumors newbie

Have any of you actually seen the apple website on black Friday?

They usually take a hundred dollars off most of their computers; however, I can't remember if anything happened with the iPad's price specifically.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Feel free to paypal me $45 as you don't consider it an amount worth saving. :D

8. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

i know apple won't give agood discount, im wondering about the numerous other sites who sell ipads and give discounts on black friday.

9. supermac96, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011

supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

ok, you might be right this sounds plausible but i do remember that last year at least one website, maybe macmall or something like that gave some pretty good black friday sales on ipads and macbooks and other apple products so maybe what they were doing was illegal or you are wrong about that. also i got my last ipod touch from best buy discountedand it wasn't discounted on apple.com.

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Is it work waiting over 4 months for 45 dollars? No way!

11. darngooddesign macrumors G3

After I knew I would buy one, I waited four months for the second one. Some of us are patient if we value the reward.

12. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

What better deals?

There won't be any better deals

13. deeddawg macrumors 604

Each to their own, but if it were me and $45 was worth doing without an iPad for four months, I would seriously reconsider buying one. If it isn't worth $10/month to have an iPad, I don't see the point in buying it since its resale value drops faster than that. Just me though.

To the OP, last Thanksgiving iPads weren't discounted AFAIK, but some places probably threw in gift cards, accessories, or other stuff. A quick search on google should answer your question about what Black Friday 2010 deals were in place.

14. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

I think you will find that there will be a new iPad by then.

Perhaps you will get a better deal.

15. Cannoli. macrumors newbie

16. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I did too but that's because we all knew a new model was coming out soon. Here we are just talking about saving some money and as someone else said if you wait 4 months for 41 dollars. Might reconsider purchasing it at all because obviously you don't want it that bad.

17. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

ok well i dont think i will wait 40 $ is not worth plus i can save 40 if iget it on tax free day. by the way i live in mass, does anyone know when the tax free day is?

18. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Are iPads exempted from sales taxes in that tax free day? :confused:

19. BadgerMac macrumors regular

I've been holding out on a deal for awhile and found one.

Best BUy has a 10% off the open-box price on items right now through 7/23. I also had $60 in reward zone credit. I was limited to what was available on Open Box, but found a 64GB Verizon 3G iPad (normally am an AT&T guy) for $746.99. Take 10% off of that to get $672.29. Then I took my $60 in credit off to get $612.29+tax for mine.