Wait until 5am EST?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fontane, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Fontane macrumors regular

I am one the east coast and want to order a t-mobile unlocked from the apple website. Does anyone have any experience with waiting a few hours before ordering? If I order at 5-6 am, so 2-3 hours after apple launches pre-orders, will I be too late to have it delivered next Friday? Any recommendations?

2. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

To be honest no one is going to be able to give a definitive answer. Any answer you get is purely a guess. No one knows how many units of each variant of the phone Apple has available for pre-order.

If you really want a phone on next Friday I would recommend you get up at 12:00 PDT.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I'd wager they'll be sold out by 3:47am EST.

4. wxman2003 Suspended

When I ordered the 5 two years ago, I waited until the next day to order online. It arrived only a week after those that ordered at midnight got theirs.

5. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

EDT. :) I wish people would stop saying it's Standard Time in the summer!

To the point, in past preorders, I've had to come back in a couple of hours to get an order in (meaning 5:00 on the east coast). However, we hope Apple has more capacity after two years and things will work at midnight PDT and 3:00 EDT.

6. Qoo macrumors 6502

Are you serious?? :D:D

7. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I'm predicting a complete sell out of pre-order allocation stock within 30 minutes. So yeah, I wouldn't make plans to sleep in if you want to be holding one of these amazing devices on launch day.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

No one knows. It usually doesn't jump until 3 or 4 hours after launch.

9. DuffCal macrumors newbie

Sorry if this is a stupid question. But the pre-sales starts at midnight PDT correct?

10. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

yes

11. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Based on other posts I've read with the i5, 5-6am seems to be about the cutoff for launch day deliveries. Although, with so many phone options this time, who knows. Seems like the Plus is more popular than many thought. Maybe the 4.7 won't be as tough.

12. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

He's fulla crap. He knows it will be 3:49AM but wants to get the last one at 3:46. Don't believe him.

13. MalR macrumors newbie

Based on the dozens of threads last year bitching about missing the first shipment, yes. You want that phone next friday? Get your ass up at 2:45am and fire up 3 devices at multiple sites and place your order. Done this the last 3 years, always got mine by 11am on release day.

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Busted. :(

15. DuffCal macrumors newbie

Thanks. Looks like I either have to get up at 1:45am or stay up until then... Work isn't going to be fun either way...