Wait until September?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sousa203, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Sousa203 macrumors member

The rumors around the 2nd gen. touch certainly make it sound better than its predecessor. i've read of internal speakers, ADOBE FLASH, and other little unconfirmed , but most likely goodies :D My question is this : Is it worth waiting until september to get the new touch (will it even come out in september?) since there is a b-day coming in august and the touch is very much wanted. i'm advocating waiting, but some help would be greatly appreciated.

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

If you wait, you'll get something better, but that that will always be the case. If you need it now, buy it now.

3. Sizemore23 macrumors newbie

I am in the same dilemma. Any ideas of the expected release?

4. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I very highly doubt that Flash compatibility would only be offered on a new revision Touch. When it comes it will be product line wide for both the first and latter generation iPhone and Touch.

My own personal prediction is that a new Touch revision in September will add a 64GB version and discontinue the 8GB as well as changing to the shiny black back of the iPhone 3G. I don't think there will be any earth-shattering design changes or mindblowing features but you never know.

If you're not in a rush you might just wait 6 more weeks. I bought my 16GB Touch last week and am very glad I did. I love this iPod!

5. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

I hope they will add a speaker, a microphone, a camera, better battery life, larger storage options and a back that is harder to smudge or scratch.

Realistically, I think that they might add a speaker, better battery, and 64GB model, but nothing else.

6. qacjared macrumors regular

1) If you are a staff member higher education institution in the United States, or a student currently attending or accepted into a higher education institution in the United States buy your Touch Now with a new mac.

2) Steve Jobs hates flash so its just not gonna happen.

3) Look at the iPhone 3G. Probably 2.0 software pre-installed (48gb, 64gb), more storage, maybe gps, maybe we will even get those two screws on the bottom of the 3G.

7. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Don't get my hopes up! :p:D

8. archi17 macrumors regular

Boy would i love to get that feature in an iPod. I know it is unlikely since it is iPhone only at the moment, but i can hope

9. copydeskcat macrumors regular

Err... Isn't this the iPhone?

10. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

How about the ability to make phone calls?

11. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

LOL

12. zeroracer0702 macrumors newbie

zeroracer0702

I agree with you. I don't think there will be any hardware revisions, just a few design changes and capacity bumps. I would love to see the shiny black back from the iPhone 3G. That would be sick!

13. Sousa203 thread starter macrumors member

I read on macforums that it had the possibility of flash. i can't remember exactly where tho... idk. it would definately be nice tho:cool:

14. recordprod macrumors member

I've had my Touch for just two weeks and am loving it. I'd get one now, there's always something better later on..

15. Sousa203 thread starter macrumors member

16. mikerudolph22 macrumors regular

flash is done?

I read that it's finished, they just need the nod from Jobs. Watch them make you pay for it like they did the update. . .

Apparently Steve Jobs has something against Adobe

17. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

That was the general idea, yes. Oh, right, except one tiny little detail- THERE WOULDN'T BE A $2,000 CONTRACT!!!!! :D

But again, that was what I said I hoped for, what I said I thought possible was much more likely.

18. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

If you buy one now you'll have it to use now. By September you'll be a pro on it. You'll be more qualified to decide whether any new Touch is worth a new investment, and you can sell your old Touch to offset the new cost if you decide it's worth it.

19. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Exactly why I want a Touch and not an iPhone.

I'm waiting until September. But I'm low on cash (poor college student) and am looking forward to whatever new features the new Touch will have, as well.

20. Sousa203 thread starter macrumors member

A valid point, but, hypothetically, if the new touch came out... why would anyone want to buy my old one? I know i wouldn't lol.

21. Sousa203 thread starter macrumors member

Jobs has great ideas but - and i know this is kinda blasphemous- sometimes he can be a tool. Adobe would sell so many more iphones and touches and whatever other new internet capable ipod the future holds. Maybe the Adobe CEO stole Jobs' girl...:p

22. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Same reason folks want to buy 1st gen iPhones. They still work. They can be had for less than MSRP. You can use them without phone service. They will still do everything they do right now. Same reason people buy refurbs.

Or you can had it down to someone and make a great friend.

Just a thought. Not a demand.

23. Sousa203 thread starter macrumors member

well if i have one to get rid of, ill make sure i get it to you lol