Wait...what? iLife '11 upgrade prices?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by robo456, Oct 21, 2010.

1. robo456 macrumors 6502

robo456

I was just looking over these options. I was planning on purchasing a new i7 online with the educational discount (after the event because of the planned iLife announcement) So, it sounds like Apple was planning on charging 6.99 regardless of when I actually made my purchase? How do I know (since I'd probably be buying online) if the newer version of iLife was coming with it? I spec'd one out this morning, and it still had the iWork '09 option, but didn't say anything about iLife. Thanks for any info!

--rob

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

it should come with a drop in disk for you to install it Unless the one that you got was manufactured already and they give you one that's been sitting on the shelf waiting to be sold. If you want to make sure that you are safe and get the latest version of iLife without the upgrade fee then wait a couple days to be sure that Apple has had time to either start preinstalling it or puting in drop in disks.

3. robo456 thread starter macrumors 6502

robo456

Yeah, I figured I'd give it maybe even a week or two to sell out the old ones. Thanks kramer!

--rob

4. yojimbo1 macrumors member

I waited a week after the iLife 11 announcement to order a refurb MB.

The MB arrived yesterday with iLife 09.

Grrrrr...

5. brad30123 macrumors newbie

you purchased a refurbished mac dude, why are you surprised?

6. yojimbo1 macrumors member

I thought Apple would include an iLife 11 disc.

7. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Call and ask. You never know...

8. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Sorry for the thread necro, but I'll be buying my first iMac in the next month. I'd rather buy at Best Buy for the initial purchase (for the reward zone points ;) and take it to the Apple store for any further work on it. I read up on it and like the $6.99 upgrade price for iLife '11. I'm pretty sure they are but I just want to check if Best Buy is an Apple authorized reseller (in order to get the $6.99 price on iLife). I think they obviously are, but I can't find anything in writing online. TIA!

9. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

By now all the macs will have iLife '11 installed. My Mac Pro that was ordered the day iLife '11 was announced (direct from Apple) came with the iLife '11 Drop-In-Disc, so unless your Mac was sat in BestBuy for 4 Months (pretty unlikely) itll have it in there already.

10. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

^Excellent, thank you! The anticipation is killing me, I'd like to get it now, but my 2010 commission check is taking forever to arrive :)