Waiting for 32GB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheKrillr, Jul 9, 2008.

1. TheKrillr macrumors member

I'll be waiting for a 32GB iphone 3G before upgrading. Going from 8GB to 16GB isn't worth it to me. Especially since music + apps + photos will take up most of that 16GB (i have to triage my collection to fit on my 8GB) and leave almost NO room for apps!

Anyone else doing the same?

2. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

I have a 16gb ipod touch that I've not had any memory limitations with so far. I don't watch the same crap twice, so I load it up with what I want for a trip, the re-load before my nex trip. 16 is plenty for me, but sure... more is always better.

3. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    Trying to hold out till Christmas....but the tide and urge for a better speaker on the phone is overwhelming!!!

4. yode macrumors 6502

Good for you, while you are waiting we will all have 3G's for atleast 8 months before you ever get one. And when the new ones are announced, we will sell ours and come out even, when we get the new ones like we did for the 3G. Yay

5. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

you should just wait for the 1 terabyte with 10G or something...

6. TheKrillr thread starter macrumors member

7. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

good for you OP, now try searching for others of the multiple "i want/how long until 32gb'' threads.

when the 32gb finally comes out people like you will be wanting 64gb etc.

8. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

32GB wont be out for at least a year. The reason why is because the iPhone uses only a single flash chip as where the iPod touch uses two flash chips. So unless the 32gb chip prices fall dramtically, then you won't see it for a while. I say enjoy your 16GB now, and then when the new one comes out...purchase it. :)

9. TheKrillr thread starter macrumors member

Hey look! Someone with a useful comment! YAY!

You have a good point... perhaps I will upgrade sooner. If there's not a 32GB by december, I'll probably upgrade.

10. bigandtasty macrumors 6502

bigandtasty

wow guys chill. Krillr was just asking what others are doing while letting others know what he was doing.

I have an 8gb v1 and still havent decided if I am buying on friday because the 32gb will happen in the course of the next few months no doubt. 20 countries on Friday? :apple: is going to sell soo many of these in just the next 2 monhts that they will be able to purchase larger drives in bulk to make this come to fruition sooner than later.

11. protekt0r macrumors regular

protekt0r

The point everyone is making is... well... we don't care. I mean, it'd be like me starting a thread saying "I'm switching to head and shoulders dandruff shampoo because Walmart's Great Value brand simply isn't enough for me."

Who the hell would want to read that?

Just because the topic is iPhone doesn't mean everyone should post their upgrade plans. Imagine if every single member of this forum posted their plans on getting an iPhone. The entire page would be splattered with CRAP. No one would come here.

Point is this: don't clutter this forum with stuff that's irrelevant and has absolutely no impact on anyone in this forum.

(sorry if I was harsh, but someone had to say it. it's not personal.)

12. TheKrillr thread starter macrumors member

I'm sorry, I thought this was a community. Communities discuss things -- just because its irrelevant to you doesn't mean it is to someone else. Obviously it isn't important to you, and a waste of your time -- so you shouldn't have bothered clicking the thread. Others here might want to discuss this, or provide opposing views on whether or not people should wait for the 32GB.

13. scotty56 macrumors regular

i might have to make some popcorn to enjoy this one :cool:

14. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Some people have nothing better to do in life than moan and whine all the time.

15. TheKrillr thread starter macrumors member

Share? :p