waiting for 3G iphone in uk?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by speakerwizard, Apr 6, 2008.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

if you are you should probably read this: http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/showthread.php?t=75867

and some of the independent tests done comparing edge and 3g on o2, basically, ive seen better edge speed than most of these 3G results, plus 3G coverage is worse and the radio will obviously drain more power, I might just stick with G1 with the situation is the same come 3G iphone time.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Oh, you' know they'll put at least three other "got to have" features (besides 3G) in the next version, just to make you question your decision to wait. ;)

3. sowlerrmgh macrumors member

The O2 3G wireless cards for laptops are not restricted to 128kbs and I doubt the iphone will be either

4. Malcster macrumors 6502

I pretend to myself that im going to wait and see how it performs.. but the chances of me not ordering as soon as the thing goes up on the store are.. non-existent :p the current gen has me completely converted.

3G, more gigs, some stuff we probably don't know about yet... yup, its mine.

Battery life? im very rarely too far from a power socket...

5. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i'm sure it wont be restricted but am starting to think that 3G just isnt faster enough than edge or as widespread to really get to excited about, have to wait and see the battery trade off 1st, other than gps, which doesnt bother me and a slightly higher res camera i dont see much else they can add as hardware.

6. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

im ordering it the minute it appears on :apple: store too.

guaranteed there will be at least 3 new features...
    any chance of o2 PAYG available but handset being sold at a higher cost if PAYG??

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'll probably be getting the 3G iPhone as soon as it's available. Either that or get a discounted 2.5G iPhone if it turns out 3G has been limited, or if there are no other new features.

8. Snips macrumors regular

I'm impatiently waiting for the 3G phone in the UK (expecting 3G bandwidth, as well as other features, i.e. not just 3G added to existing phone).

I'll purchase as soon as it appears.

9. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

same here - initial iphone felt like a let down cos of the 2g but least its gonna be released soon