"Waiting for activation" after ultrasn0w

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fjaff, Jul 14, 2010.

1. fjaff macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a 3G Iphone with firmware 3.1.3 (7E18), baseband 15.12.01. I used Spirit to jailbreak, I got the Cydia icon on my phone, then installed ultrasn0w. I put my Orange sim card in it and it worked fine and I was able to make and receive calls. After I turned it off and on, it is now saying "waiting for activation". It still says Orange in the top left, but no signal bars.

I reintalled ultrasn0w many times it still doesnt work.
    I removed ultrasn0w and switched it back on again, that doesnt work either.

Can anyone help please?

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

3. fjaff thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. Yea the Orange sim works in other phones. It was working after I used ultrasn0w, then it stopped working. I have tried a working sim from o2 which also doesnt work.

I dont really understand the activation stuff. I bought this phone from ebay, it was locked. When I put my sim in it after I received it, there was no carrier showing in the top left of the screen and no bars. So I straight away went on to use Spirit then ultrasn0w.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Have you tried plugging it into iTunes to see if it will activate?

5. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Since you dont know the carrier for the phone you need to keep ultrasnow installed. Have you tried the O2 Sim with ultrasnow installed. My 3GS which is also unlocked sometimes takes quite a while to pick up the carrier when i change SIMS.

6. fjaff thread starter macrumors newbie

When I plug it into iTunes, it just says syncing thats all. Do I have to do something for it to activate?

7. fjaff thread starter macrumors newbie

The original carrier was o2. I have ultrasn0w installed and have a working o2 SIM in the phone but it says "No Service" for this one.

Should I jailbreak it again with a different software?

Thanks.

8. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Okay so it has changed from "waiting for activation" to "no service". The obvious question would be do you normally get good service at this location. It appears you got past the activation problem but not seeing a strong enough signal to bring in service.
    Trying a different Jailbreak product is not going to help you. The only other option would be a restore but then you will upgrade to IOS4 and will not be able to JB or unlock. You say it is an O2 phone did you just acquire it or is it on contract. O2 will unlock the phone for you for free if you have it on contract.
    Sorry I just reread the first posting I did not realize it was a 3g you may have a few other options.

9. fjaff thread starter macrumors newbie

No the o2 SIM says "No Service", the Orange Sim says "Orange" in the top left but no signal bars. Signal on most providers is strong in my area.

I just acquired it, so I am not sure if it was on contract or not.

10. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

11. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

To restore to 3.1.3 on the 3G just put the phone in DFU mode and shift-restore to 3.1.3.

12. fjaff thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for help. So I set it to DFU more and restored with custom activated 3.1.3 firmware. The "waiting for activate" problem has gone now. But I am not getting any signal bars, my carrier Orange is shown next to the signal. I have tried the same SIM in other phones and it works fine. I have tried other SIM cards other than Orange but still no signal. They also work on other phones. I don't know what to do next.