Waiting for activation (Fido / Canada)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bowzer, Jul 30, 2010.

1. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

Anyone else having activation issues? I got my iphone 4 from the apple store in Ottawa around noon. Upgraded from my 3g with fido.

Got the latest carrier settings from itunes (fido 7.2). On my iphone 4 when I turn off and on, when it boots up I either get "Waiting for activation" or "Network restricted".

Anyone else having similar issues?

My iphone 3g still connects and works fine. Maybe they haven't updated my sim information to use the iphone 4 instead of the 3g?

2. nenitosoyyo macrumors newbie

Well I just became a new user with Fido, I got my phone around eleven in winnipeg, so noon your time and my phone is having the same problem, just says no service and waiting for activation. Sucks because I switched my telus number to fido, so I have been phone less for a day and its almost one a.m. here. Still in the same situation, I hope it clears by tomorrow morning, I can't be with out a phone this long. I called in to customer service and they said it should be up and running tomorrow. The reason for this happening, they said it was because they had a over load of activations for the iphone 4, which makes sense. I am still shocked that the iphone 4 was cheaper here in canada than the states, I was expecting to pay 299.99(without tax) and it was 269 which was awesome. Anyways, hoping both are problems fix by tomorrow.

3. etceteraism macrumors member

I activated around noon pacific time today-for the first 2 hours my old iphone was still active, then eventually it changed to no service. Once it said no service, I turned off/on the iphone4 and it was able to connect to fido.

I heard that fido was worse than Rogers this afternoon...and it's strange that your old phone is still active. I would call fido tomorrow morning if it's still unable to connect tothe network

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

That would be it, you can either call them up or find an online website to activate the phones on or cut your current sim to fit into the iPhone 4.