Waiting for: Apple's first "mostly custom" Intel laptops

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kestrel452, Jul 29, 2008.

  1. Kestrel452 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    #1
    Since we aren't technically waiting for Montevina macbook pros anymore, I guess this thread is a little more suited. If Apple does not release in weeks, I am totally screwed because i leave for college on the 16th. I do NOT want to have to get it after I leave. Apple, I am waiting for a proper MacBook Pro. You are milking the current design and refuse to fix the warping and nvidia problems. If you think im buying the current one, you are nuts. Anyone else a bit peeved?
     
  2. aethelbert macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago, IL, USA
    #2
    So if a small number of people have a problem with their laptop, that means that you'll never buy one? I guess that you shouldn't even be waiting for a new one, seeing as they've always got problems when they come out.
     
  3. heathertr0n macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2008
    Location:
    Sacramento
    #3
    I'm actually hoping it doesn't happen for awhile, I'm not buying one until the end of October and I really like the current design. So I'm not really down for a new rounded look and the rumored track pad change. Bad timing I guess? :/
     
  4. Yixian macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2007
    Location:
    Europe
    #4
    Ah well, I can wait till mid-September I guess, perhaps there will be better GPUs out by then, the current lot are pretty mediocre.

    Will ATI's HD 4*** series be ready?
     
  5. ppilone macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2008
    #5
    I've been waiting to trade up to a Pro from my Macbook for awhile now. I was really hoping to do it before I go back to school so I can buy it in Delaware -- but until they roll out higher resolution screens in the 15" and simple things (that are already in my Macbook) like the magnetic latch, replaceable (easily) HD, etc they're not getting me to buy one.

    :(
     
  6. kingshrubb macrumors regular

    kingshrubb

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2008
    #6
    I'm waiting. Guess I'll be taking my 75 lb XPS to college on the 25th...

    I wonder if this whole chipset thing will push back the release? Hope not :(
     
  7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #7
    Since everything posted here is technically a rumor, and therefore impossible to prove...
     
  8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
    #8
    I'm surprised one of these threads didn't show up sooner.

    Guys it's fun to speculate but it's your time and money you're wasting if you need a computer.

    I "struggled" for 6 months on a spiffy Dell Latitude from work before Apple shipped the MacBook Santa Rosa.
     
  9. zsft macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2008
    #9
    Amen.

    Here's hoping that the MBP will come out before Aug 17th.

    And that the Sony SR at Newegg will still be in stock, at that price, if the MBP doesn't come.
     
  10. TheCookie macrumors regular

    TheCookie

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2008
    Location:
    Boston
    #10
    I really am surprised at the inflated expectations of some people.

    Apple is "milking" the current design?

    I've had this for a month and a half, following use of about a dozen different laptops in the past 6-8 years. This is by far the best, most stable, most reliable out of all of them. How is that "milking" anything?
     
  11. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #11
    I struggled for… wait I didn't; I bought my computer in February and now I'm not playing the waiting game!
     
  12. LinMac macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2007
    #12
    That is the smart thing to do, but some of us enjoy the waiting game then furiously driving to the Apple store to wait in line for the chance to buy the shiny.

    Yeah we're weird, but we're the same people that will run a beta or alpha on a production machine for no other reason than the version number.

    It is good to be a geek.
     
  13. TSE macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Location:
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    #13
    Buy now and be happy. That's what I did in February, just happened to be right after an update, but I wouldn't have waited for one.

    Just like how everyone was saying new MBPs in January almost every thread.

    Guess what happened? They didn't come out.

    Just buy one.
     
  14. masse macrumors 6502a

    masse

    Joined:
    May 4, 2007
    Location:
    MA/GA
    #14
    If you buy it before you need it,
    and there's likely to be an update in the next week or two,
    and you are on a tight budget trying to get the most for your money,

    you are dumb.


    If you don't care about having the latest and greatest,
    have so much money that you can spend it on whatever you want when you want it,
    or your parents have said money,

    buy the current macbook pro.



    I agree with the OP mostly.
     

Share This Page