Waiting for Arrandale poll

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mschipperheyn, Mar 10, 2010.

?

How long will you wait for Arrandale?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2010.
  1. I gave up and bought a MBP Core2Duo

    14 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. I gave up and bought another brand

    6 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. I'll give it 1 to 2 weeks and buy a MBP Core2Duo

    12 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. I'll give it 1 to 2 weeks and buy another brand

    8 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. I'll give it 2 to 4 weeks and buy a MBP Core2Duo

    17 vote(s)
    11.9%
  6. I'll give it 2 to 4 weeks and buy another brand

    12 vote(s)
    8.4%
  7. I'll wait till Xmas if necessary

    74 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. mschipperheyn macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2006
    #1
    We're all pretty tired of waiting for the new Macbook Pro line. It might be interesting to poll to what degree people are still willing to wait and for how long before actually moving to another brand or the core2duo version
    So here goes:
     
  2. dernhelm macrumors 68000

    dernhelm

    Joined:
    May 20, 2002
    Location:
    middle earth
    #2
    Thankfully, I'm not in a state where I have to have new kit. When it arrives, I buy - I'll just wait until then.
     
  3. Tyrion macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2002
    #3
    To be perfectly honest, I'm waiting for a Clarksfield BTO... Which probably won't happen :(

    Dual-core is so 2009.
     
  4. rumpus macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2010
    #4
    Ooh I'm in the Xmas bandwagon. Yea, doesn't make sense having waited since December and just giving up now. There's no turning back for some of us, people !
     
  5. luv-pepper macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2005
    #5
    I've made my decision that if they are not released by the end of next week (19th) I'm going to refresh the refurb section until I find one.
     
  6. slimjim40 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2008
    #6
    I need a new laptop but I'm not going to buy out of date technology just because of a nice interface and trendy unibody.

    With windows 7 now being quite good, I'd much rather spend half the amount on a less desirable laptop with all the latest chips/bells and whistles.

    I'm planning to give apple another month to come up with something that warrants the premium price or I'll just buy an okayish pc laptop and be happy.
     
  7. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

    Adidas Addict

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2008
    Location:
    England
    #7
    I want rather than need, so whenever it comes is fine with me. Anticipation is always better than the end result anyway :D
     
  8. wakemac macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2009
    Location:
    NC
    #8
    Gave up a few weeks ago when my old machine completely died and I had to have something. Actually really glad it happened now; love my MBP and it does all I need it to do. When the new ones finally come out, I can wait for the next revision and pass this one on to someone else.
     
  9. gfiz macrumors 6502

    gfiz

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2009
    Location:
    Virginia
    #9
    yea, i don't need a new laptop, but I would like one. Way I see it, Apple is the only one losing out, as my money now is worth more to them than my money in 6 months...but if they choose to focus on the iPod touch XL, more power to them. But i won't be buying one in their current state (if ever), that's for sure.
     
  10. Quetsche macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2010
    #10
    I don't know yet when i'll need a laptop, it mainly depends on when my next job will be. But i think i'd rather buy a core2duo (refurbished) than a windows PC. Not really because i hate windows or anything, but because i need several apps that don't exist for PC. (and i've invested a lot of time in my little apple scripts ;):p )
     
  11. Eric S. macrumors 68040

    Eric S.

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2008
    Location:
    Santa Cruz Mountains, California
    #11
    I think the poll needs another option: Not waiting. I've got another 12 to 18 months before I start looking for a new laptop. By that time I'll probably be waiting for Sandy Bridge. ;)
     
  12. SA22C macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2010
    Location:
    Top Gear Test Track.
    #12
    I'd been salivating over the unibody MBP 13 since the update in October, so when a deal came along, I jumped all over it. I'm happy and don't have any regrets.
     
  13. cili0 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2010
    Location:
    Italy
    #13
    no chance i will buy the old c2d technology. If i have to buy a new laptop it must have a balanced configuration in terms of latest technology and reliability of the components.

    the current MBP doesn't provide this sort of balance.

    cheers!
     
  14. Beric macrumors 68020

    Beric

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Location:
    Bay Area
    #14
    1 month. If nothing is out by then, I'll be getting another brand. I need a 14" or less with i5 and an Nvidia 330m or better, 5.5 lbs. or less. There's three different PC manufacturers out there that can fit this description. Then I'd just hackintosh my desktop and load my MB's HD on it, and use my PC laptop for mobile. I already know how to use Windows 7, so there's no issue there.
     
  15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

    rdowns

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2003
    #15
    and even more tired about reading about it here.
     

Share This Page