Waiting for cheque to clear.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PVisitors, Aug 15, 2011.

1. PVisitors macrumors 6502a

Hi guys.

Got enough now to order my iMac when my cheque clears. However I am going on holiday for a week or so, if I wait for my cheque to clear then the BTO delivery date will clash with my holiday.

I was reading Apples payment information. They only take money out the account when the item is shipped. Considering it's a BTO order, would I be able to place my order now and by the time the BTO order is shipped (Apple say 3 working days) the cheque would be cleared so there will be funds in my account.

I've checked my balance and the money from the cheque is listed, but of course it isn't withdrawable yet.

Is this possible? Or will it be refused when the order is processed?

Edit: Looks like this is the complete wrong topic haha. Possible for a mod to move this?

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I would never place an order depending on funds that aren't cleared. Normal processing might be 1-3 days (or weeks) but if your money is tied up, Murphy's Law will go into effect and Apple will attempt to debit your account and ship the item 30 seconds after you place the order. This will of course result in your order being held up and some sort of overdraft charges from your financial institution. Use the extra time to do more research but don't jump the gun when it comes to finance. There is risk it will cost you more in the end.

3. PVisitors thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess, and definitely with my luck that would happen! Hopefully it might clear faster as it was a building society cheque not a personal one so the funds are guaranteed but still undergo some clearing.

4. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Are you unable to simply order it when you get back?