Waiting for improved iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taylor200588, Jun 30, 2010.

1. taylor200588 macrumors regular

taylor200588

I got all excited before the new iPhone came out just like everyone! I currently have a 3GS, got it in January on an 18 month contract so getting a new iPhone 4 I would need to pay the £499 for the actual phone. This I was willing to do .... up until they were released.

Everyone I know who has an iPhone 4 have got issues. And that antena problem wont be getting fixed unless a recall is done.

SO !!! .... im waiting!!

I can remember back when the 3G was released, it had some hardware issues (light leak, stuck hold buttons etc) and in the second half of the year the 3G's getting sold were better quality.

Im kinda hoping this will happend with the 4. Maybe buy the end of the year the antenna problem will be rectified and I'll be able to buy the iPhone that I want :D

Anyone else in a similar boat?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

im just pissed with my ip4

effing a man....aggravating like none other

3. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Soooo, you couldn't get through on the 15th due to the crash & are now attempting to spin it to look like you're Mister Smarty Pants. I see right through your evil scheme. Good try though, LOL, :)

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Since Apple can no longer be trusted, the best practice is to wait until the next version is released. Hang back until the reviews come in, and then decide.

5. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Well, give 'em time to get those new Antenna Engineers up to speed, past the orientation process, assigned parking permits, etc, and I'd expect to see something happen oh, in about 3 months... ;)

6. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Something that at the time annoyed me, but now I see as a sort of godsend, the earliest I can upgrade is august.
    I'm hoping by then they have done something to sort it.

7. Built macrumors 68020

IMHO, the vast majority of the posts/threads clogging up this forum and rendering it virtually unuseable for anything other than complaining and sniping are being made by those who were UNABLE to pre-order/secure an i4, and now want to pass it off as a "rational decision" to wait.

If I read another thread saying, "glad I waited,"...

The funny thing is that I called out one of these individuals...after a particularly acidic post about how he's happy that he didn't pre-order..He then admitted that he's waiting for the WHITE i4.

To all the jerks who come on here now and say, "Glad I waited"...Cut the act and quit trying to say it was a rational decision to not get one. We all know where you would have loved to be on the 24th...waiting for the arrival of your i4.

8. stuboy macrumors newbie

Gladly take it off your hands if it not network locked ;)

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wait till the IP5 then, seriously apple only updates the hardware and for the most part OS annually. We're lucky to get a single .x update with IOS before the next major update in June.

10. willcodejavafor macrumors regular

Is the antenna really causing you problems when using the phone normally? I have so far not had any problems with dropped calls. I can sometimes when trying to make the reception worse, but it seems a non-issue at least for me during normal usage.

11. taylor200588 thread starter macrumors regular

taylor200588

LOL nah I seriously didn't pre order or anything because I couldnt afford it at the time, but im getting a tax refund thing next week and was gonna use that for the iPhone buuuut me thinks I'll get an iPad instead :D

12. BobHail macrumors 6502a

Yeah I´m waiting too for the new batch (with a silent hardware fix).

I´m not buying a broken phone! That would make me a sucker, right.

13. mark34 macrumors 6502a

Guess I was luckier than a few people but the same as most; mine is pefect

14. AsherC macrumors newbie

i know its only been out a week but has anyone tried comparing the serial numbers of faulty/non faulty phones? To see if it is just a bad batch or week that is affected?
    Might be worth look, I remember these kinds of things happening with the 3g & original touch.

15. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

No need to upgrade here. 3Gs running iOS4 works amazingly well. The screen of the new one is the best feature, but then is hardly a reason to upgrade just yet. The rest of the updates are nice to haves but again, nothing compelling. Not that I thought things would be any different. I usually wait 1-2 generations to upgrade consumer products.

IMO I'd rather wait until there's one that not only has better cameras all around, but is on a network that supports faster speeds. Again, all the nice features of this one will surely be there plus some. Give me a speed boost.

16. paulrkiii macrumors newbie

I must be lucky...I don't have any of the issues....no reception issues, I've tried dupicating all the various ways to hold my iPhone 4 and don't loose any bars...never had any yellow bloches on my screen, proximity sensor works as advertised....

I may get bashed as a fanboy but I'm just being honest...if I had these problems I'd be right in line with everyone else but I guess I'm one of the lucky few....

17. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

If you need clear evidence that they F'd up here is the best post in that other thread:

:D :p