Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greatwall9528

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
I don't wanna iOS 7,when iOS 7 beta 2 come out , I upgrade my iPad mini to it , it was terrible, and when I want to downgrade, I found that it is impossible to all A5 and above devices, even you have SHSH backup....So I can only stay in iOS 6.1.3....But I want jailbreak, it is terrible for me to adjust myself to the original input method.:apple:

Tander

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
I don't wanna iOS 7,when iOS 7 beta 2 come out , I upgrade my iPad mini to it , it was terrible, and when I want to downgrade, I found that it is impossible to all A5 and above devices, even you have SHSH backup....So I can only stay in iOS 6.1.3....But I want jailbreak, it is terrible for me to adjust myself to the original input method.:apple:

First, I'm not 100% clear on what you're saying as the above doesn't make perfect sense. Anyhow, I will try decrypt it.

1. Once on iOS 7 - you can downgrade back to iOS 6. On any iDevice (I have done this on my 4S and iPad 2)

2. Beta 5 is a lot better than beta 1 - give it a try.

3. I doubt we will see much effort put into an iOS 6.1.3 JB as all the focus is now on iOS 7.

greatwall9528

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
First, I'm not 100% clear on what you're saying as the above doesn't make perfect sense. Anyhow, I will try decrypt it.

1. Once on iOS 7 - you can downgrade back to iOS 6. On any iDevice (I have done this on my 4S and iPad 2)

2. Beta 5 is a lot better than beta 1 - give it a try.

3. I doubt we will see much effort put into an iOS 6.1.3 JB as all the focus is now on iOS 7.

Yeah, I'm not in a English speaking country,maybe some grammar and vocabulary mistakes,I'll be grateful if you can point them out.

And as you said that it can be downgrade to iOS 6.1.3,but it can not downgrade to any lower version.That means once you upgrade to iOS 7 , you can not Jailbreak anymore if you are A5 and above devices.

I don't like iOS 7 is not the bugs,but the designs, I don't think the new design is better,I felt uncomfortable for it can not make a clear sense for me....

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Yeah, I'm not in a English speaking country,maybe some grammar and vocabulary mistakes,I'll be grateful if you can point them out.

And as you said that it can be downgrade to iOS 6.1.3,but it can not downgrade to any lower version.That means once you upgrade to iOS 7 , you can not Jailbreak anymore if you are A5 and above devices.

I don't like iOS 7 is not the bugs,but the designs, I don't think the new design is better,I felt uncomfortable for it can not make a clear sense for me....

I hope you learned the lesson.
If you are developer then you should know better.
If you are not developer then you shouldn't be using iOS7.
If you are not developer and did not search before you 'test' iOS7 then you deserve it.

Tander

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa

That makes sense to the full issue you're having.

Right now, just stick to iOS 6.1.3 and just hope a JB comes out. Nothing else you can do.

As the poster above stated - you need to pay more attention to these things next time.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
It was well known, even before the first iOS7 beta was ever released, that:

1) If you needed to restore back to iOS6 on an iPad mini, you could only go back to 6.1.3
2) That there would not be a jailbreak for 6.1.3 for the iPad mini.

The other posters have already given you the answer !

you need to pay more attention to these things next time.

I hope you learned the lesson.

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
It sucks, but it looks like your stuck with stock iOS. It's highly doubtful that iOS 6.1.3 will be able to be jailbroken. Even if iOS 7 is jailbroken, I doubt the exploits would be able to used on 6.1.3.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
It sucks, but it looks like your stuck with stock iOS. It's highly doubtful that iOS 6.1.3 will be able to be jailbroken. Even if iOS 7 is jailbroken, I doubt the exploits would be able to used on 6.1.3.

Why? What makes 6.1.3 so special?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

Actually, 6.1.3 has likely been jailbroken by the hackers, but a public release will not happen.
The known but un-revealed exploits are being saved for the iOS7 jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.