Waiting for Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tringo, Oct 8, 2007.

?

Are you waiting to buy a new Mac after Leopard releases?

  1. Yes (hurry up Steve I need my new computer!)

    30 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No (I already bought a nice shiny Mac)

    36 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. tringo macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2006
    #1
    I have been wanting an iMac for the longest time but I feel compelled to wait for the new OS X, if it ever comes out!

    Any one else saving their purchase for the new OS?
     
  2. blisters macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    #2
    I'm going to give Apple until 11/1. If they still haven't announced anything by then I'm going to go ahead & buy a new lappy.

    I'm tired of waiting.
     
  3. GSMiller macrumors 68000

    GSMiller

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    Kentucky
    #3
    I remember when Tiger came out Apple let people who had bought a new Mac within the last couple of weeks upgrade for free, but with no definite release date I would try and hold out.

    I only bought my iMac last October (It'll be 1 this Friday!) and I couldn't have imagined waiting a whole year to buy it just to wait for Leopard. I would have done had my old Compaq blown to pieces. I will definitely buy (order, no Apple Store remotely near my town) Leopard the second it comes out though....Along with one of the nifty new keyboards :)
     
  4. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

    LinuXtreme

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2007
    Location:
    Near Aspen
    #4
    I had been waiting until Leopard was released to buy my MacBook, but decided that being able to take advantage of the "back to school" iPod deal was worth breaking off my vigil. I'd rather wait until 10.5.1 anyway.
     
  5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

    xUKHCx

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2006
    Location:
    The Kop
    #5
    I'm trying to combine the two. I feel that if i leave it until late October to buy then I'll get both Leopard and back to school and just possibly an updated Macbook.
     
  6. iHermes macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2007
    #6
    i'm waiting for leopard to come out ... i was very close to getting my imac this weekend though, but i decided to hold on a few more weeks ... i've been waiting to convert for the longest time and waiting a few more extra weeks woudn't kill me ... or will it ...?
     
  7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

    wrldwzrd89

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2003
    Location:
    Solon, OH
    #7
    I am not waiting for Leopard to buy a new Mac but I am waiting for Leopard so I can install it on the 2 Macs I already have.
     
  8. Multimedia macrumors 603

    Multimedia

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2001
    Location:
    Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
    #8
    I'm Waiting Impatiently To Install On 4 Macs Plus Buying Next Mac Pro 8 Core With It

    I'm waiting for both my existing base of 4 Macs plus buying an 8 Core Harpertown Stoakley-Seaburg Mac Pro next month with Leopard on board. :)

    We should see the rumor of a Golden Master declaration this week. In previous releases they gave us a few weeks advance notice so we could pre-order it from Apple which would get delivered the morning of the shipping date by FedEx ground for free. If we don't get that announcement by next week, something's wrong. These last few days before the GM and ship date announcement are tense.
     
  9. CourtneyA1 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    Location:
    Orange County, CA
    #9
    I say go ahead and buy the mac today, then get a family pack of Leopard and split it w/ your friends.
     
  10. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

    BornAgainMac

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2004
    Location:
    Florida Resident
    #10
    I wonder what day is the drop dead date to get the duplicate effort started to still make it by October. Seems like this week has to be the last week and then by some miracle have the product ship this month using some advanced alien shipping technology. I would like to see the website updated with more Leopard info.
     
  11. Multimedia macrumors 603

    Multimedia

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2001
    Location:
    Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
    #11
    Monday October 15 Has Pretty Much Gotta Be The Drop Dead Date For GM

    [​IMG]
    They are using the advanced alien technology called FedEx ground. ;)

    I agree it needs to be GM by next week to make it in time for the Apple Store October 26th party. You gotta figure the boxes and literature are all done. So they really only need to add the DVDs into the assembly line that is no doubt already to go.
     
  12. hotdamn macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
    Location:
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
  13. Alloye macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2007
    Location:
    Rocklin, CA
    #13
    I think there needs to be an RC this week so ADC can help identify any last-minute show stoppers. In fact, I think the RC/GM cycle is already running late and that an October release is becoming questionable at best.
     
  14. JSpence macrumors regular

    JSpence

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2007
    Location:
    Orlando, FL
    #14
    Yes! I am going to finally make the switch once Leopard is released pre-installed on the MacBooks.

    I've been following the boards here for a few weeks and I starting to get really pumped for my first Mac. I keep going to the Apple store and playing with all the pretty toys :D

    C'mon GM.
     
  15. richkent72 macrumors regular

    #15
    I got tired of waiting and ordered my iMac shortly after the new ones were announced. However, if I was still waiting now I'd probably hold out a little longer for Leopard.
     
  16. wordmunger macrumors 603

    wordmunger

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2003
    Location:
    North Carolina
    #16
    If you're going to do that, you might as well just get the standard license. You'd be violating your license agreement in both cases. Family pack is only meant to be used within a single household.
     
  17. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

    xUKHCx

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2006
    Location:
    The Kop
    #17
    What are your reasons for hoping for a delay?
     
  18. GSMiller macrumors 68000

    GSMiller

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    Kentucky
    #18
    No...Waiting that week for your iMac to arrive will kill you ;)
     
  19. Cavemate K macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2007
    #19
    No, but I'm expecting one. My pessimistic scenario: October ANNOUNCEMENT, November RELEASE. I hope I'm wrong, though. I'm holding off on getting a new iMac until the new kitty is released.
     
  20. gusapple macrumors 6502a

    gusapple

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2007
    Location:
    The alphabetically sixth to last state.
    #20
    Although I have a new Mac, I cannot wait for Leopard. I just had to finish something and needed a new Mac to do so. STUPID SCHOOL!
     
  21. rotlex macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    Location:
    PA
    #21
    Been waiting for quite some time to bite the bullet and move to an Intel based Mac. I think my current Powermac can hold out a few more weeks so I can finally BUY the new one with the new OS installed. :)
     
  22. Cavemate K macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2007
    #22
    You and me both. I'm currently using my old G4 iMac and it gives me the spinning beachball of death even if I just look at it funny.
     
  23. Luthcon Sloan macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2007
    Location:
    Hamburg, Germany
    #23
    Hi there...

    Ditto as we say in germany. I am ready, set and yet not on go until THAT announcement finally happens. I can tell you, it is an immense struggle!

    Never had a Mac before but this time it is the just the only right thing to do. :)
     
  24. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

    BornAgainMac

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2004
    Location:
    Florida Resident
    #24
    Perhaps a download ISO image to burn on a DVD would make it possible to ship by October. Then technically they have the entire month of October to finish up.
     
  25. Wolf Am I macrumors newbie

    Wolf Am I

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2007
    Location:
    Hampshire, England
    #25
    been waiting for leopard for months now... I decided I'd wait in at the start of summer before I got a laptop...so I'd have one in time for my course starting in september...... anyday now. really need laptop.....
     

Share This Page