Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Master

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Los Angeles
Well it looks like it here already. Hmm only problem is I gotta buy another companies eGPU just to have a decent GPU.

maxresdefault.jpg

Apple Master

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Los Angeles
Even with a mac mini you are looking at $999, plus $300 for graphics card, $300 for eGPU, another $300 for HD's, and then another $300 or more for a monitor. $2,200 for a weak computer that overheats and doesn't do video well is a huge problem.

And don't even bring up the iMac that isn't a viable option.

DaveP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
Even with a mac mini you are looking at $999, plus $300 for graphics card, $300 for eGPU, another $300 for HD's, and then another $300 or more for a monitor. $2,200 for a weak computer that overheats and doesn't do video well is a huge problem.

And don't even bring up the iMac that isn't a viable option.

I have a very similar setup en-route to me right now. Based on my research it seems overheating problems are exaggerated/not really a problem for many use cases. I don't do video so I don't care about that. And I guess the definition of "weak" is very much dependent on the user. Though you are also the person that asked in January if you should buy a Mac mini or wait for the new Mac Pro and then a few posts later said your budget was $800-$1,000.

Apple Master

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Los Angeles
Because the gpu isn’t upgradable.
[doublepost=1559965530][/doublepost]
I have a very similar setup en-route to me right now. Based on my research it seems overheating problems are exaggerated/not really a problem for many use cases. I don't do video so I don't care about that. And I guess the definition of "weak" is very much dependent on the user. Though you are also the person that asked in January if you should buy a Mac mini or wait for the new Mac Pro and then a few posts later said your budget was $800-$1,000.

That’s when they were supposed to be coming out with a modular Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.