Waiting for Macbook to be Delivered!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Xtremekillr, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Xtremekillr macrumors member

I've been lurking this forum for awhile. Thanks to you guys I waited for the new Macbook and Leopard!! I finally ordered a 2.0ghz Santa Rosa Macbook last Friday! I had to do it online since the ghetto Fashion Show Mall down here in Las Vegas didn't have the new Macbooks!! Well anyways, it's going to arrive tomorrow most likely!! I can't wait. This total Mac Noob here is going to be asking a lot of questions!!

See you guys around,

Will

2. BossHogg macrumors member

BossHogg

Congratz and enjoy !!!! You're gonna love it. :apple:

3. T-Mac macrumors member

4. Xtremekillr thread starter macrumors member

Well I just got the macbook! It's such a beautiful device. I can really see quality in apples products. But it seems a bit difficult to use. I'm just too use to windows, but still learning. I seriously need to get a copy of windows now for bootcamp.

5. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

give os x some time and you will come to realize that it is far superior to any windows os. i am a recent transfer and i can't imagine ever going back to windows

6. AutumnSkyline macrumors regular

AutumnSkyline

It weirds me out to hear that some people have problems with OS X when switching. I'm not insulting your intelligence, it's just that for about 5-6 months before hand I got interested in them and I started researching. I must have read every wikipedia article about Apple, Macs, OS X etc.

I must have also seen every youtube video out there about Macs, product releases, old Macworlds, WWDC's etc. So when I got my iMac, I knew the features in and out, but seeing them for the first time astounded me. I knew how to use expose, dashboard, photobooth, and the only thing I had problems with was the -+X being X-+ and being on the left.

Remember, two-finger right click, two finger drag horizontally, vertically and 360 degrees to scroll. The right click has to be configured via system preferences (blue apple>system preferences) I believe. Also, right click on the dock separator to turn magnification on if it isn't already, to turn on hiding, or to put it on the right or left.

Play around with the function keys to see what they do (F1,F2, etc.) I'm not sure the exact config on the portables as i've never owned one. Get to know front row (use the remote it comes with and hit menu) to browse all of your media files in a clean UI.

Cool little things:
    -Hold shift when minimizing, maximizing, using expose, or dashboard.
    -Click on one of your Dashboard widgets and hit command(also called comd or open apple, or just apple key)+r
    -Hit cmd+option+control+8
    -Drag around the tabs in safari, create multiple ones and drag them in and out of the browser. When the tab is out of the browser, let go and see what happens.
    -Also in Safari, drag a link into the tab bar.
    - Have fun with the Screen Savers
    -Blue apple>System Prefs>Speech>Enable Speakable Items> Say "Tell me a Joke" ;)

Just some cool things to get you started ;) enjoy.

7. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

You may want to look at Switch 101 :cool:

8. Xtremekillr thread starter macrumors member

I really appreciate the response. It seems very enjoyable to use. The icons are also fabulous. It's simply amazing compared to my XP desktop. I'm just a little effy about not being able to play some games without bootcamp, but its definitely a lot more innovative than windows.

9. D4F Guest

D4F

Congratulations :)
    I swithced to mac about 2 months ago and I really love it.
    The only thing that really makes me wonder is why my WiFI connection is perfect on XP using bootcamp but when using OS X i loose the signal every 2-5minutes.
    It sucks big time cause I find myself using XP way more often cause of this especially when doing a lot of research on the internet.

10. Bmoney017 macrumors member

hope you enjoy it. I got my first mac 5th of june when the MBP updates came out. I got to try out tiger for 5 months and just upgraded to leopard today. As for learning how to use it, I remember when I used my friends mac it was weird with finder, but after having almost 6 months of use in, I love it. I had a few problems of figuring things out the first week, but after a short time it was pretty easy to use. enjoy!