Waiting for new iMac....Apple.com question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by FLHX, Oct 18, 2009.

1. FLHX Guest

So, I have read all the threads regarding the supposed upcoming release for the iMac.

If you go to http://www.apple.com/imac/ , it touts the iMac as "Introducing the new iMac. It’s the desktop that has everything. And now, there’s even more."

So for me, it begs the question......are they still touting the March '09 release as the "new iMac"??? Do we really think they will release a significant update when their webpage is still calling the old iMac "new"?

Thanks!!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I mean, it's hard to say when a "significant" change will occur. I'd expect the move to quad-core processors will be considered a major upgrade. That could be realistically anytime, but probably not march, more like January/February with the new MacBook Pro's.

3. FLHX thread starter Guest

I was referring to LAST March. I am just wondering if they are saying that last March's iMac release is "new".

I would just surprise me if the rumored iMac update (last week....this week...next year....) happens when the website is still saying the 7 month old iMac is "new".

4. netsped macrumors regular

It says new because it's the newest iMac on the market. When an updated iMac appears then it will be the "New iMac" and the current "New iMac" will be the new "Old iMac". :eek:

Yeah, it's all about how potential buyers view things, "oh my God, it's the new iMac. Must. Get. Now." ;)

Apple will not say "hey, this is the new iMac, but wait it will be the old iMac on 2 weeks so why don't you wait"

5. ManuelGnR macrumors regular

Couldn't agree more. Or just a little bit.

Nice post:D

6. FLHX thread starter Guest

Will keep an eye on it. Will be interesting to see if they put out any sort of new iMac when they say that the March 2009 release is the "new iMac".

Would be funny if they just kept the same webpage, but just updated the specs for whatever changes may be in store.

Seriously, if you went to the apple.com webpage above, one may think that the "new" iMac that everyone is talking about HAD ALREADY BEEN RELEASED!! :D

7. netsped macrumors regular

If the updated iMac doesn't bring any new, breathtaking stuff I doubt they will renew the product page. But if they release a brand new, redesigned iMac then its probable they will update the product page as well.

And, I bet you that if you go to an Apple Store and ask a couple of people in there (customers) if they know a new iMac will be hitting the stores in a few weeks (I hope) they would answer you that they don't know or don't even care about it at all. For them the new iMac is the iMac that Apple sells today and the one they are purchasing is okay for what they want.

Meanwhile, us macrumors readers... the waiting must go on. :cool:

8. Katyusha macrumors member

Hi, this is Katyusha from Japan.

Yesterday I went to the nearest Mac store and asked the staff there if they have any news about the new lineup.They told me that they know there is a lot of rumors on the internet, but they haven't got any info by this time, usually they will be noticed 2 or 3 days before the new lineup comes out. I don't know whether they cheated me or not.

Sorry I am not good at English....Hope that you can understand what I wrote above.

9. katyoshi macrumors 6502

Are you trying to be an imposter and take my user name?! ;)

10. Katyusha macrumors member

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Definitely I am NOT trying to do that.....my user name is a traditional Russian name.

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

This is rather funny, but it was a joke. Hence the smiley used.

As to your original post. You aren't being cheated, but they might have been lying. A lot of retail store members note that they know nothing until it is announced, it is highly unlikely that they would tell you anything, even if they knew.

12. supinternet macrumors newbie

supinternet

Because the 7 month old iMac is new, compared to the old iMac.
    That's what they're trying to tell you.
    If you have a old iMac, or just any old mac, it is new to you.

It's not literally saying that it's new as in like, brand new, just came out a week ago.

But, it is new when you compare it to the old iMacs.