Waiting for preorder arrival vs. in store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mdity, Sep 13, 2014.

1. mdity macrumors newbie

I currently have a preorder with AT&T for a iPhone 6+ 128GB in Gold. However, my ship date is currently between 10/31 - 11/11. I am going to wait until Thursday to see if I receive any tracking information that would suggest receiving my phone sooner than projected. If not, I plan to get in line at my nearest AT&T store. Hopefully I can get there early enough to purchase the phone I want from their release stock and cancel the preorder that has yet to ship. Does anyone know if this is doable? :apple:

2. matty1551 macrumors 6502

You can always return it even if it gets shipped to you. I think the more important question is this. If you took advantage of any sort of subsidized pricing, how are you going to get it for the same price at the ATT store if you already have an open order that's utilized said price?

3. mdity thread starter macrumors newbie

I was planning on just paying the full price, putting it on my credit card. When the preordered phone arrives I would just go return it for a refund of the full price since it won't be open. You think that'll work?

4. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

This is my plan exactly. No harm in trying, just need to figure out how early to go.

5. mdity thread starter macrumors newbie

My concern isn't what time to go, but whether they will have stock other than the pre-ordered phones. I would hate to sit there for hours to find out they don't even have any iPhone 6+ 128GB in gold.

6. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

7. mdity thread starter macrumors newbie

I was concerned about that as well. I'm probably going to call and see if I waited in line and got my hands on one in the store if they would just cancel my pre-order that hasn't even shipped.