"Waiting for Silverthorne" Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netdog, Feb 5, 2008.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

2. robrose20 macrumors 6502

robrose20

3. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

seems too good

i don't know how it will compare to the 412mhz processor in the iphone now and itouch but... it does sound wonderful - able to run core duo processes. could be quite exciting if one can fit into the phone without turning it into american pie

4. iphonewiz macrumors regular

I'm in line.....

Uh....what we are waiting for......... :confused:

5. robrose20 macrumors 6502

robrose20

Actually apple is about to come out with the Iphone Air. Its a phone that is the size of a bluetooth wireless head set. It has a virtual reality interface and "beams" information directly into your brain and displays it in your noodle like a HUD in a fighter jet. There have been reports that it gives you an incredible case of the munchies and makes you want to date Steve Jobs.

6. robrose20 macrumors 6502

robrose20

I don't know .... I just like to wait ....

I'm waiting ....

7. gr8ful macrumors member

Isn't the iPhone cpu a 620MHz ARM chip? If so, how likely is it that the Silverthorne will find its way into the iPhone? Wouldn't all code have to be recompiled and optimized for the Silverthorne? If that is the case, it makes no sense to issue the SDK only to revamp it entirely for Silverthorne before the year is out.

I don't think the iPhone will see a Silverthorne in the near future or possibly ever. I do however believe that Apple will produce some sort of tablet or true ultraportable (7 to 10 inch screen) device and Silverthorne would be the perfect chip for such a device or devices.

I honestly believe that Apple has a fully functioning tablet prototype but the hold up is the modifications to the software to recognize multi-touch gestures. Evidence of this is the changes made to iPhoto to accommodate multi-touch for the new track pad in the Macbook Air.

8. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I buy, I do, I live, I'm too busy to spend my life waiting.