Waiting for the 2053 MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobjonesco, Aug 3, 2019.

1. bobjonesco macrumors newbie

bobjonesco

2. jardinager macrumors regular

jardinager

I’ll have ceased to “upgrade” by then. Cheers to you and your health!

3. nStyle macrumors 65816

I think the obsession over tiny minute details over laptops are a bit ridiculous.

The laptop as a whole hasn't really changed significantly since...they were first released. And whatever power increase there will be if any within the next year will be so negligible for 99% of workflows that there's no point in obsessing. Of course if you wait 2-3 years then it gets more substantial.

You buy based on what you need right now. The next thing coming out is not going to improve what you're doing by any real measurable amount.

4. retta283 macrumors 6502a

retta283

I've never been one to worry about product release cycles. I'll buy it when I think it is a justified and worthwhile purchase.

5. Howard2k macrumors 68020

Howard2k

Hey those people who need every incremental upgrade probably are a measurable proportion of the economy. I bet Apple is working hard to track the practices of those people too.

My next upgrade will be significant as I'll obviously be going from a dual core to a quad core. All the same, I'm not in a huge hurry. I'm certainly not handing over money for a dodgy keyboard if I can avoid it, and it looks like there are better options just around the corner. I'm totally prepared to wait for a refurb in 2021/22 if I need to. :D

6. ayres macrumors regular

By then, it will be a Mac deciding if it wants to upgrade its human

7. eulslix macrumors regular

Not everybody is upgrading every year. My base 13” MBP is 6 years old by now and too slow. I had a 15” 2018 MBP from my work until most recently and before that my personal 15” 2016 MBP which I sold due to keyboard issues. Even though for my needs a MBP still is the best choice, I don’t think the current generation is worth it, so I want to wait it out.

Hopefully the new generation comes out before it becomes too much of a pain with my current one.