Waiting for the new Nikon D7000 DSLR

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by trjwv, Aug 26, 2010.

1. trjwv macrumors regular

Who else is waiting to see if Nikon releases a new prosumer DSLR before Photokina.
    http://nikonrumors.com/category/nikon-d7000
    The specs look great.
    Any thoughts on this new possible Nikon verses the canon lineup.
    thanks

2. El Cabong macrumors 6502a

Waiting for a D700 replacement myself, which probably won't happen until at least next year.

Canon seems to be pushing megapixels (in particular, and specs generally) versus Nikon. Canon is using the 60D to bridge the xx0D's and the 7D, I suppose to fill in the price gap and make the upgrade path less daunting/more profitable by adding yet another step. A little surprising, as I thought that the x0D line was continued by the 7D, but I guess the drop in build quality and features suggests that the 60D is the start of a altogether new class.

The D3100 seems to be Nikon's answer to the T2i, just as the D5000 was its answer to the T1i. A D7000/D90 replacement announcement for Photokina would be in line with Nikon's new apparent strategy of pushing its lower-end bodies, perhaps counting on some D300/s/700 owners to cave in to spec envy before the higher-end prosumer bodies are refreshed. I'm just happy that the new AF-S 85mm f/1.4 is finally out, though it remains to be seen if it's a significant improvement.

3. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Definitely interested in the D95/D7000 camera, should be announced at Photokina. I believe there was a quote from someone with Nikon saying it was to be...

4. ManhattanPrjct macrumors 6502

Ditto.

Seems like Nikon's new products are the worst-kept secrets this year.

5. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

+1

I've been without a "proper" DSLR for over a year now - I sold my D300 ahead of what I thought was to be the D400... and the D300s underwhelmed me so much I didn't bother. And for some reason I didn't re-buy a D300 and made do with the backup D60 I had, but even that ended up going to my housemate late last year.

As I'm not out and about enough to justify buying a prosumer camera again (I have the ability to use on though, honest!) I've been waiting for the D90 replacement to hit. And everything I've heard so far sounds fantastic, to the point it's sounding more like a D300 replacement:

• Mag alloy construction
    • Dual card slots
    • 6fps (or 8 depending on rumour)
    • 100 % coverage
    • Even better low light shooting

And throw in an added bonus of 1080p video with continuous focus. Sounds too good to be true! I'll be in New York early December so may pick it up over in B&H...

6. hleewell macrumors 6502a

If this Nikon D7000 turns out to be Nikon's game-changing FX sensor in a small body, I will be intrigued indeed. If this has 7fps burst, I will be delighted. If this has the same low noise characteristic of Nikon's excellent D700, I will be elated. If this is priced under US$2,000, I will be there, Nikon. I will be there.

7. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

Not me, bought my Nikon upgrade last year and I'll be shooting with it for a bunch of years yet. I didn't want to miss years of images waiting...

Paul

8. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Well, just to amp up the rumor quotient on that front... will this be it?