Waiting for the "Snow Leopard" MacBook Pro

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Does anyone else feel the same way as me? I still own a 2012 rMBP and literally have not had one issue still to this day but eventually I will need tp upgrade but all I see is just a gigantic amount of issues with every release year after year after year. Whether its broken keyboards, flex cables breaking your display, crackling speakers, T2 boot and crashing issues, No SD card Slot in a form factor that can easily support it, No MagSafe so your kids can easily break your machine more often, ridiculous pricing for hardware configs, I just think Apple really has gone off the deep end. So when do you think the next "Snow Leopard" MacBook Pro will be? Share your thoughts!

turbineseaplane

macrumors 603
Mar 19, 2008
OP I totally agree with you.

But. I don’t think there will ever be a course correction to the degree many of us hope.

The Mac just isn’t a priority for Apple as it once was. Also, leadership has changed a lot in desire, direction and focus. The Apple we loved for so long has simply changed. Some of that’s good, but a lot of it is not.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2018
I disagree with everything you said and really you're wrong in every possible way.

The 2012 rMBP was recalled by Apple for two issues: video issues (serious!) and Staingate. Those are gigantic, enormous issues. And nowadays these laptops are not much more than an aluminum paperweight. Useless, and appalling. Really, I'm happy that Apple moved on from manufacturing machines with such widespread and basic issues.

Meanwhile, my 2017 MBP has been serving me very well with zero issues. Excellent keyboard, speakers and display. The 2018 models are very fast.

The only thing that makes me miss old versions of Mac OS is the Leopard wallpaper, but I solved that by using the Leopard wallpaper on Mojave.

Reactions: keysofanxiety

Diazepam

Suspended
Nov 24, 2018
I agree with you 100%, OP. Sadly, the iPhone craze has distracted Apple almost totally, it seems.

Us computer lovers are being left behind by the mad rush to make things smaller and sleeker.

What you're looking for may come about as a sort of rebellion against the current insanity, but likely not from Apple.

Reactions: Falhófnir

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
I disagree with everything you said and really you're wrong in every possible way.

The 2012 rMBP was recalled by Apple for two issues: video issues (serious!) and Staingate. Those are gigantic, enormous issues. And nowadays these laptops are not much more than an aluminum paperweight. Useless, and appalling. Really, I'm happy that Apple moved on from manufacturing machines with such widespread and basic issues.

Meanwhile, my 2017 MBP has been serving me very well with zero issues. Excellent keyboard, speakers and display. The 2018 models are very fast.

The only thing that makes me miss old versions of Mac OS is the Leopard wallpaper, but I solved that by using the Leopard wallpaper on Mojave.
I will agree with you in that I feel like my 2018 TB 13" is plenty fast for my needs, and I honestly believe that all of the problem posts here on MR are coming from a tiny minority who have sought out these forums to voice their problems, not that there is anything wrong with that.

On top of that, I believe this form factor is a beautiful one and I love the design of my MBP.