Waiting for WWDC... but the sony vaio Z is tempting.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GD0X, Jun 8, 2012.

1. GD0X Guest

So I won't make any decision before WWDC but I've been looking for a new laptop for college. I've had a 15" MBP before, too big, and I've had 2 MacBook Airs, 2010 and 2011 model(s). Sold my 2011 model about a month ago because it didn't really "satisfy" my wants and needs.

Anyways, I'm slightly enjoying windows 8 and I've been considering going back to windows for a while, OS X has been my main OS for the last few years or so, but i'm getting bored.
    Anyways, aside from the design, keyboard/trackpad… the air is actually pretty mediocre in my eye.

soooooooooooo, I came across the sony vaio z series, 15th anniversary edition.
    im delighted with the option for quad core processors (and intel hd 4000), the 1080p resolution, the slick design, 8gb ram, widi, and carbon fiber case. I suppose the 128 in raid 0 as well.
    I mean ill wait for the new MBA announcement but im pretty optimistic in the chance of ordering one of these.

have you guys considered another ultrabook/ switching back to windows (if you ever used it in the first place) and thoughts on the vaio z?

2. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

The build quality of the Z looks quite nice, but I haven't considered to switching back due to being able to have both OS X and Windows 7/8 on the same mac. It's harder to do the other way, but I think having a macbook allows an easy solution for running both os, windows and os x.

Couldn't judge the Z's keyboard but the Macbook keyboards are the best out there so far, it's responsive and typically the right size for getting any real work done.