Waiting for WWDC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Piehead, May 24, 2010.

1. Piehead macrumors newbie

Hi again, :)

Now that I have enough money to FINALLY buy a MBP 13 inch, I was wondering. Should I wait to WWDC to purchase the laptop? Obviously there is not going to be a refresh then, because we just had one, but I was thinking that they might update iWork and/or the OS. Do you think this will happen? Is it worth waiting a couple of weeks for?

Thanks,
    Piehead ;)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If they update OS X the upgrade will be available free via software update. If they release a new version of iWork you can buy it separately.

3. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

I think he means that he can then get iLife '10 free with his new MBP, since iLife comes included.

Pie, as miles said, if you're looking for a new version of iWork, you would have to buy it anyways so there's no point in waiting. You'll definitely be eligible for the upgrade price with the present version.

If you're looking for iLife though, I would say that's a good idea. You could hold on for a couple of more weeks. WWDC is mostly about software and there is a very fat chance that iWork / iLife will be updated.