Waiting game

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Camps23, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Camps23 macrumors member

Hi all, itching to get a new laptop after my last pc crashed. I almost bought the MacBook this week but with all the reading I have been doing on the update Rumors I held off. I decided on the MacBook because of my uses are webbrowing, small amount of home video editing, and watching movies. I recently found out how stellar there refurb models are, so now the question is buy a refurb MacBook pro base 13" model for the same price as a new MacBook or wait for the new models. I'm mainly worried that the intel dual core processors are alittle outdated. Any thoughts ? If the update will be worth the wait I will deff wait. I just don't want to wait a few months to find out the MacBook specs aren't much better then that of a refurb MacBook pro now.
    Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

For web browsing, small amounts of video editing, and watching movies a C2D will be fine.

3. Camps23 thread starter macrumors member

Thing is I don't want an outdated processor. Will the C2D be ok for years to come? What are some of the programs that require the higher end processors ?

4. aCondor macrumors 6502

The C2D is an "outdated processor" but will fit the needs of light users for years to come. Consumers often think they need much more power than is necessary. As long as you aren't encoding or editing HD videos, C2D will suit you nicely until 2014.

This post was typed on a Dell with Intel Celeron M CPU 520 @ 1.6 GHz and 1 GB RAM. No problems :).

5. Camps23 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I have also been reading about the new Lion OS. Is this another good reason to wait or sticking with snow leopard is a good idea ?