Waiting in Line at AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RickyD53, Sep 17, 2014.

1. RickyD53 macrumors regular

Since AT&T cancelled my order without giving my further warning, I have come down to waiting in line at my local AT&T. I know, Apple would be a smarter idea but they cannot handle the trade-ins for Next so I have to go to my local AT&T store. Anyone have experience from previous years camping out at AT&T and what time would be a smart time to head to line up. I really want my 128GB 6 Plus.

2. davefromca macrumors 6502

I honestly think you could be there early morning depending on where you live. In 2012, for fun i drove past att, verizon and apple the night before and there were no lines at the carrier stores, just the apple store.

3. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm thats something to consider then. I live in the Bay area but like right in the middle of it, closest Apple stores are about 20-25 miles in both directions but there are carrier stores everywhere and a Best buy right near the AT&T. Guess I'll have to drive by every so often to just check it out, luckily it's right down the street from my house.

4. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I think the carrier stores won't have huge lines but the problem is they will have few (IF ANY) Plus models I'm guessing.

:apple:

5. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I don't mind them having a few if I'm first in line.. What concerns me is if they don't have any that I desire. But I prefer a 6+ 64GB.. But then I don't care what color I get as long as it's that model..

6. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

Same here, as long as I get 128gb Plus in any color works for me.

7. mr1581 macrumors 6502

I live in philly and have went to a local ATT store for the last 3 years.... never had a problem... got there around 545-6 .. was usually 4-8th in line(see the same guys over and over again) just watched a movie on my ipad and by the time its over.. time to go into the store...

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If I had to place bets, I would say AT&T won;t even be getting the 128GB models on launch day.

9. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

breaking my heart man, breaking my heart! lol.

10. davefromca macrumors 6502

Are you guessing or basing that on a personal experince? Why wouldnt they?

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Yes, from personal experience. The brick and mortar AT&T's have generally reaceived mostly base models and some of the mid range. I have been through a couple launches I'm afraid. Last year I didn;t even get a phone at all due to ridiculously low stock overall.

12. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Last couple of launches were pretty chill at carrier stores, but supplies were limited with usually the more expensive models only being left.

Now with Next and cost spread out with annual upgrades I expect AT&T to be 100% cleared out pretty damn fast.

13. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

May go to a Verizon store and hope for a 64GB Space Gray 6+.