waiting in line ATM the Apple Store for the X tips?

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
waiting in line at the Apple Store for the X tips?

I plan to wait in line early Friday morning in the local Apple Store, which happens to be inside a shopping mall. I've never waited before, but I plan to buy the X. I live in a small city but with a population of 500k scattered all over, nowhere as big and congested as San Jose, San Fran or LA. How early should I get there? I read Apple Store opens at 8 am. Not sure how I should approach it since the store itself is inside the mall. I'm thinking maybe get there between 5-530 am

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Call up the Apple store to see how they'll handle the line that day. The last thing you want is to be first in line outside the mall and then last in line once the mall doors open and there is a scramble to get to the Apple store. That's how it would work in my area at least.

At the Apple store on 14th street in Manhattan, there are already six tents of people in line.

Reactions: SHKLMRE

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
waiting in line at the Apple Store for the X tips?

I plan to wait in line early Friday morning in the local Apple Store, which happens to be inside a shopping mall. I've never waited before, but I plan to buy the X. I live in a small city but with a population of 500k scattered all over, nowhere as big and congested as San Jose, San Fran or LA. How early should I get there? I read Apple Store opens at 8 am. Not sure how I should approach it since the store itself is inside the mall. I'm thinking maybe get there between 5-530 am

Its all up to the management of the mall. The apple store near me is within a mall. They strictly said that anyone found on mall property before 6 am would be asked to leave/detained. People last year all started to queue at the outside doors at 6am, allowed access into the mall at 7am to wait outside the apple store. Check with the mall security/management to be safe.

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
As others stated, it depends on the policy of the mall. One mall here in Orlando allows people to wait outside a single entrance overnight, and the line typically starts about 8 PM the night before. Others don't allow anybody on property until 6 AM, and it's a ridiculous, stupid mad dash onto property then.

Call the mall and find out what their policy is... drive by tonight and see what it looks like, then make your decision.

Z3roFlaw

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2016
I'm wondering if I should try my nearby Apple Store that is inside a mall or go to a store that is a little bit further but is in an outdoor mall. I guess I'll need to figure out which one has the better line management.

hr10

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Beside the Manhattan Apple store, any other store has line up started already?