Waiting in Line (FIRST TIME)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ludatyk, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I want to make known what a interesting experience waiting in line was. I tried to preorder as soon as I could last Friday and I didn't get the chance to have it delivered for today. I was in the hunt for a 6+ and with constant rumors indicating constraints for the model I decided to get in line as soon as I can.

I showed up yesterday (Thursday) around 3 or so in the afternoon. I was in front of a former Apple Employee which was cool to get some perspective on how the process will go. This was my first time actually doing a all-nighter and I honestly didn't know what to expect. I was the 20ish person in line.. But as people continued to arrive.. people brought snacks to share and it reminded me of somewhat a celebration. No doubt, I was tired and sleepy.

But the people waiting in line with me made the experience interesting. The idea of waiting in line for a phone seems rather ridiculous for some to entertain. But I found that it was an entertaining night.. Now, I actually was successful in getting the iPhone I want. Would had been disappointing to come away not satisfied. But all and all... the people were a joy to be around.

2. benboy12 macrumors regular

Standing in line for something can be a fun experience, if you are around the right people. I remember standing in line with a Nintendo Wii years ago. I met some cool people. We ending up ordering a pizza and playing Risk and Monopoly while we waited. If you don't have other obligations, it definitely makes the launch of a new product more exciting.

3. Ludatyk thread starter macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Yeah, I just wanted to share my experience. There is a video of people in line that appears to be scalpers and sold their iPhones to buyers or had some particular individual to come grab a bunch of iPhones.. I wish that negativity could be prevented. But, the fact that iPhones are a hot commodity.. it comes with the territory. I'm just fortunate I didn't have to deal with that kind of situation.