Waiting in line on the 19th in Syracuse, NY

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megapopular, Sep 12, 2014.

1. megapopular macrumors 6502a

What's it like for others who live in smaller cities? I should be able to get up at 6:30am, drive less than 5 mins away and be somewhere from 1st-5th in line for new iPhones for my girlfriend and I. I should be out of the store with an activated phone by 8:30 at the latest and will enjoy my new phone! It's a lot easier than waiting around for UPS or FedEx and possibly having to deal with a missed delivery or snafu and be stuck waiting til the following Monday to pick up the phones from the hub office or wait for redelivery. Last year I got to the store at 7:45am and was 10th in line. Do others in smaller cities enjoy similar experiences?

2. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

I'll be at Syracuse. I've always picked up my iPhone from the Apple Store in Syracuse, but I've always showed up around 6am.

I'm thinking I'll need to be there much earlier than that this year. Does anybody have any experience with how the overnight crowd works here? Can I bring chairs inside and just hang out overnight? Do they make us wait outside?

Thanks

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

OMG.

What if every town in America had a thread like this. It would be hundreds of them.

4. drogba macrumors member

Yeah don't go crazy in a smaller city. I used to be in Philadelphia across from that Apple store and people lined up at 8PM the night before. Don't have to that crazy when it comes to 'Cuse. Early that morning will be good enough as the guy above me said.

5. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker