Waiting is the hardest part

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MasterNile, Feb 6, 2009.

1. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

So...I got my tax refund today and though I wanted to wait till at least next Tuesday to order my iMac, I just couldn't. I was planning on getting a refurbished low end 24" either way but was hoping for the price to drop with a new iMac release. However I couldn't wait and I suppose it didn't matter that much (shut up and let me justify my inability to wait) but I also made other purchases and now I'm going to be sitting around waiting for them till tues/wed. I also purchased an 32 GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen, 500GB 5400 RPM HD for my MacBook, USB/FW800 external case for current 320GB HD I have in my MacBook, 4GB RAM and some other odds and ins (cables and what not) that I needed.

So basically I'm just bragging and starting yet another thread about how waiting for deliveries sucks. But it did help kill some time....now I gotta go check those fed ex pages. :p

2. Grasbak macrumors 6502

Waiting is indeed hard!

I wasnt so clued up when I bought my first mac (the one in the signature). I had been more clued up I would have waited a couple of months for Macworld and jumped on board the intel bandwagon.

Now my mac has just died I need a new one. As I know "more" now, I want to wait for the iMac refresh which could come anytime and equally could be months away!

I know its a case of "if you need one, get one".

Not sure how long I can hold out, but each week you wait you are certainly one week closer to the refresh!!!!

3. MasterNile thread starter macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Update (for those who care):
    iMac, arriving Feb 11th
    iPod Touch, arriving Feb 10th
    Hard drive, case, RAM, arriving Feb 10th

4. desiringGod macrumors regular

The good news is that if the new iMac comes out next week or maybe the week after and the price drops on the refurb you bought, Apple will refund the difference.

I waited and waited last year for a MBP refresh, but had to go ahead and buy one. The next week the update came and the refurb price dropped $250 and they refunded me the difference (I had to call twice to get it done, the first person said no).

5. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

I don't think the new iMac will be out soon. My guess is they release it the same time as the new Mac Pro and then have snow leopard pre-installed on those machines.

That's just my guess. It seems like the sensible thing to do, one big release.

6. MasterNile thread starter macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Cool, I wasn't aware of that, I knew of their 14 day return policy but not price matching or whatever you want to call it.