Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LiquidSpikes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Everett, WA
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would takes ship a CTO MBP?:confused:

I ordered it Jul 1 and its yet to be shipped!
it says:

Ships by: Jul 12 - Jul 17
Delivers by: Jul 16 - Jul 23

what is really weird is I already received the iPod!

is this normal?:D

Thanks!

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Many have sought the information you seek, and only a handful know the truth. Sometimes there's a shortage at the factory in China, and it takes a few more days to get your notebook out the door. Also, while it says that it ships by July 12th, that's just a fudged number. In reality, it's probably already on the ship. If you don't have it by the 16th, then it's time to start making angry phone calls.

LiquidSpikes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Everett, WA
:D Many thanks kind sir,

YAY! I cant wait.

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
160GB Serial ATA Drive@7200rpm
SuperDrive 8X
15" Widescreen Display "Matte"

*Drool*:rolleyes:

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
Just for some perspective mine was supposed to ship by July 10-12, but it is now sitting in front of me.

17" Hi-Res Matte
2.4 Ghz C2D SR
250 Gig Hdd
2Gigs Ram

korndog2003

macrumors regular
May 31, 2007
Keyser, WV, USA
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would takes ship a CTO MBP?:confused:

I order it Jul 1 and its yet to be shipped!
it says:

Ships by: Jul 12 - Jul 17
Delivers by: Jul 16 - Jul 23

what is really weird is I already received the iPod!

is this normal?:D

Thanks!

Havent got mine yet either

mbpcron

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2007
Richmond, VA
Happy with my 2.16 MBP refurb

After years of waiting, I leaped in when the price and features were right. Over a week now and everything worked right out the box. Awesome.
I did some homework and did NOT upgrade my 10.4.8 and it rocks. Long time UNIX guy, don't upgrade unless you need something !!!!
Paid $1600.00 for my late 2006 model and am pleased. Glad I didn't get the too small Macbook. :)

Tharshan

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Waiting ........................

Ordered my 2.2/7200 on June 29th and paid for express shipping. Got my engraved nano in couple of days.

MBP:
Ships by: Jul 11 - Jul 16
Delivers by: Jul 13 - Jul 23

BTW my first mac. A bit anxious about the switch. I knew how to trouble shoot PC issues very well. With mac I just found out that the turning rainbow circle is the hourglass equivalent! Plus I doubt 'software' is available as easily as it is for PC. My main purpose will be composing/recording music and live performance as well. So will be installing Cubase SX or Logic Pro and also do quite a bit of photoshop. So will need to get CS3.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
BTW my first mac. A bit anxious about the switch. I knew how to trouble shoot PC issues very well.

Don't worry too much. There really isnt' much to getting it all started. It took less than five minutes for me to setup my mbp and get surfing. And, even if you do have questions, there's always this site:)

With mac I just found out that the turning rainbow circle is the hourglass equivalent!

It's generally refered to as the "beach ball." If you see too much of it, then you might need more RAM or you may have another problem.

Plus I doubt 'software' is available as easily as it is for PC.

False myth. Most software is usually available on both platforms. Only a handful of unique software (mostly for large scale businesses) is Windows only.

tuskertusker

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2007
same here

I ordered mine on june 26 and it was supposed to ship by the 6th, but instead i woke up today to it saying between the 16th and 18th. so i was pissed, because i could have bought it in nyc (where I'm going on the 13th). just to see what they say, I called apple and made up a story about how I was going to another country for business and i needed my laptop asap. of course, there was nothing they could do about it but I was just hoping for a stroke of luck. oh well.:(

SugarMice

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
shipping

I Just bought my MB and told me that the Shipping estimate was: July 13, 2007
and the Delivery estimate: July 20, 2007 - July 26, 2007. Does this mean I'm supposed to be receiving my MB around July 20 or before?

LiquidSpikes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Everett, WA
I Just bought my MB and told me that the Shipping estimate was: July 13, 2007
and the Delivery estimate: July 20, 2007 - July 26, 2007. Does this mean I'm supposed to be receiving my MB around July 20 or before?

I think that means you are going to receive it around or after July 20....

Grrrrr mine hasn't shipped yet!!! :mad:

when you drop 3 grand on a laptop you would think you would get in faster than a week+!!!:mad:

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
I bought my mbp on the 17th and it still hasn't arrived. Standard 2.2, only option is glossy.

LiquidSpikes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Everett, WA
YAY Finely shipped!!

WOW I cannot believe the day has finely arrived..... MY MBP SHIPPED!!!!

I can hardly wait.:D

now hopefully its not on the slow boat from china :p

outz

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
I feel you guys pain... I originally purchased a first gen macbook when they first came out (was trying to convert) but I ended up having lots of hardware issues with it, exchanged it 3 times, and eventually told them to keep it. Long story short, I decided to take the plunge on a new mbp. I wanted to buy from a store... I called all the apple stores within a 300 mile radius of me, and all were sold out of the baseline 15" model... so I ended up purchasing online, which is kinda good because I was able to upgrade the hdd to 7200rpm.

Ships by: Jul 25 - Jul 30
Delivers by: Jul 27 - Aug 2

:(

outz

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
looks like the apple stores are back in stock. i called early this morning and they held one for me... went immediately to pick it up, and canceled my web order.

so far so good!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.