Waiting till October...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mikeyness, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Mikeyness macrumors newbie

Hey all, I got two questions.

1) I'm going to wait until October to by my Macbook, as Leopard will come out. When it does come out though, will it come included with all Macbooks?

2) If once Leopard IS released and comes included with every Macbook, will the price of Macbooks go up in price (for example 100 dollars higher).

P.S; I'm an Australian.

Thanks for the help.

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

1. Yes.

2. No. Not because Leopard is included (going on the basis Apple stays true to what is has done in the past).

3. Mikeyness thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, fast reply =O

Thanks for the information ^^

Oh and another question if you're able to answer this.

My sioster has a Macbook and my friend has a Macbook.

Both of them get their screens dirty from time to time. My sister cleans her Macbook with some Windex and it seems to make the screen look brand new.

My friend, however, says Windex is bad for any computer screen, and he doesn't clean his screen and it has alot of finger prints etc. on the screen

So what's the best way to clean a Macbook?

4. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Umm, not sure if Windex is bad or not.

I know quite a few people on MacRumors use iKlear.

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Not knowing Windex, but the general tip is that any normal (window) washing cleaning agents is bad in the long run, they typically contain chemicals that may make the screen matte (not the screen type, but the surface will become hazy).

The best thing for the screen is to get a microfibre cloth (the kind for windows and glass surfaces) and use that either dry, or if the screen is very dirty, ever so slightly dampened (not wet!). You can use quite a bit of force when "scrubbing", but - of course - don't overdo it... ;)

Edit: Extra tip: Wash the microfibre cloth often.

6. r1400sch macrumors member

(I dont mean to hijack, but...)
    Do you guys think that if they do load Leopard onto the MBs, they will just load it on and sell it off as "Leopard MacBooks," or do you think there will be a significant hardware bump too?

Same question for MacBook Pros plz!

7. wako macrumors 65816

Generally when I clean my screen, I use HOT water to dampen my microfibre cloth. What happens is that after wiping away the dirt and prints, using hot water makes the water quickly evaporate, so you dont have water marks or streaks.

8. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I use iKlear for my iMac, iPod, cell phone, camera screen, keyboard, mouse, etc. It works great. :)

9. wjblol macrumors newbie

Well, you have to figure they're already charging for Tiger, it's just a matter of swapping that out for Leopard. Or at least that's how I think they're doing it. :p

10. Mikeyness thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies everyone =D

Can't wait until October =D I kind of wish they would release Leopard earlier though =(

11. Vidman33 macrumors newbie

Just wondering Mikey, where do you get your mac stuff from in aus? (I am in Brissvegas). How have you found them?

12. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

They are independent in terms of updates, but it isn't impossible for them to updated close to eachother. If you check out the buyer's guide, you'll notice that both lines ought to be updated shortly after Leopard is released.
    And next time, start your own thread!!!