Waiting till WWDC for iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by benlald, May 1, 2007.

1. benlald macrumors newbie

Im in the market to buy an iMac but it's overdue for an update. Is it worth waiting until the WWDC to see if they have any updates for it? Or should I buy one now? It is possible to wait till October for Leopard, but my family does want a new computer sooner than later! Does anyone have any idea when the iMacs will undergo an update?

Cheers :)

2. UKingdom macrumors member

there's supposed to be a major new revamp of the imac due this fall with a major new redesign. so if you can hold out, do it; i think the changes will be mostly cosmetic and external though; i don't think powerwise it's going to blow the current one out of the water, maybe just slight improvements. you'll be fine with the current one if you decide to buy now.

3. benlald thread starter macrumors newbie

Just rang up a place that is having a sale on the base model iMac 17inch. It is AU$1549 but was advertised for having $250 off, making it AU$1299. There is like never sales on :apple: computers! I asked if they knew if new ones were coming out and they said "at least not until the end of July" hmmm wonder if this guy was being accurate or not?? :confused: Maybe somthing good is coming?

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I would expect an update anytime near WWDC. But why is the iMac overdue for an update?lemme guess, because the "buyers guide" says so...:rolleyes:

5. benlald thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I got that from the MacRumors Buyers Guide ;) Just an average but spose its fairly accurate :)

6. squidink macrumors newbie

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iMac

Yep.

Well overdue. I'm waiting, and trying to be patient, but getting very itchy. They'll probably ditch the chin and up the specs. Maybe go metallic. Who knows. Hope there's none of the [RED] junk I've seen rumors about. WTF? Who would want a computer that's color kept drawing your eyes away from the screen?

Waiting's difficult, but I do believe that I'd be much happier with a spanking new model that I waited for than with a discontinued model I settled for. There's also the updated OS it will most likely come with...

I have basically nothing to work with right now -- G3 ibook that's falling apart. Thought about buying a current iMac and selling it when the new ones arrive, but fear I'll be lazy and put it off too long to get my money back.

I'm twitchy with anticipation. Am I the only one?