Waiting to buy New MBP...Opinion?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by agsz, Feb 2, 2011.

1. agsz macrumors newbie

i am a photog also wanting to get into making HD docs.
    i've been waiting for the release of the next MBP. I'm mostly interested in the port's because of wanting to transfer large photo/video files. The current 15" doesn't has the Esat port that the 17" does, but i don't want such a large portable because i will use an NEC monitor at home.
    Does anyone have any thoughts if there will be new ports on the next 15inch MBP release? Will Sandybridge make a big difference. I hear that they won't be using USB 3? Is Firewire 800 good enough for my purposes?
    Thanks.

2. modit macrumors 6502

Here's an idea: Roll a die! Even number roll = Buy now & Odd number roll = Wait :rolleyes:

Any chance mods can institute a 25 minimum of posts to curtail repeat newbie threads?

In my case, I was waiting since October so I'll keep waiting. When the new MacBook Pros come out and I like it, I'll get it. If not, the old models should be discounted in the next few months.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

4. Cheerwino macrumors regular

Same time they require a "5-day cooling off period" for regulars responding to newbie "Should I buy or wait" threads. :p

Yeah I'm with modit, I've been waitin', so I'll keep waitin'. If I don't like the new ones, then I should be able to buy a refurb for less by then.

5. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

You might be waiting a while. I imagine USB will come as IIRC SB supports that and the newer SATA3 (6.0gbps).

6. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

just wait a few months, the update will be in a few months tops. hopefully they add usb 3.0 or lightpeak, or both.

7. aCondor macrumors 6502

Doubtful that USB 3.0 or Lightpeak makes it onto the refresh.

8. altecXP macrumors 65816

Lightpeak is like a year out.