Waiting..TO BUY NEW/UPDATED MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by agsz, Jan 31, 2011.

1. agsz macrumors newbie

artist/photo-videographer here. been waiting for a while based on the "Buyer's Guide" here on MacRumors to buy a MBP. Seems like they are nearing an end-of-cycle. There is alot of talk about this Sandybridge CPU thing. I am mostly concerned about download speed for RAW photo and video files. I am also curious to know what they are planning with their ports. I hear that they will probably not be using USB3?
    -
    I would just like to know what you think.
    Thanks.

2. simsaladimbamba

Downloading RAW photos does not depend on CPU speed and will be limited to the interface and/or medium you use to transfer and store your RAW photos.
    If you meant "transcoding" with downloading video, then a faster CPU will transcode faster.
    Maybe you could take a look or three at any of the already existing threads about the wishes and expectations and rumours about the 2011 MBP using the Sandy Bridge architecture.

And there is still the same mantra:
    NEED NOW = BUY NOW
    NO NEED NOW = WAIT

And MRoogle will help you find the dozens of threads I alluded to.

3. agsz thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks..but

could you please direct me to those already existing threads about the 2011 MBP Sandy Bridge architecture. Wouldn't the graphic card be important and i also would like to know about the ports (if any) apple plans on implimenting in the new version of the MBP?

Downloading RAW photos does not depend on CPU speed and will be limited to the interface and/or medium you use to transfer and store your RAW photos.
    If you meant "transcoding" with downloading video, then a faster CPU will transcode faster.
    Maybe you could take a look or three at any of the already existing threads about the wishes and expectations and rumours about the 2011 MBP using the Sandy Bridge architecture.

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

You will be waiting for about 3 months before it gets updated. Sandy bridge processors have issues and intel is recalling them from apple, HP, Dell and other companies.

Better hope apple doesn't release update so soon now because if they release now, then obviously it won't have sandy Bridge inside.

Glad apple is not a company who jumps into new technology so quickly because companies like intel and AT&T always mess things up.

3 months-4 months wait for refresh.

5. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Refresh will happen in April at best. Just buy it now if needed.

6. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Screw Sandy Bridge, get one now. It may not be as fast as SB but it will..ahh...oh yeah, it won't break.

7. agsz thread starter macrumors newbie

what would the ports be for the new MBP's?

i am a photog getting into digital and also want to be making HD docs.
    i've been waiting for the release of the next MBP. I'm mostly interested in the port's because of wanting to transfer large photo/video files. The 17inch doesn't has the Esat port but the other's don't.
    Does anyone have any thoughts if there will be new ports of the next 15inch MBP release?