Waiting to buy older MBP with Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by colickyboy, Dec 28, 2008.

1. colickyboy macrumors member

Hi,
    I'm a longtime PC user looking to make my first leap into Mac. I'm looking at getting an older MBP from a 3rd party retailer like MacMall or Mac Connection but was wondering if it would be better to wait until Snow Leopard is released in a couple months (or whatever)?

Would a 3rd party retailer update all their inventory to the new OS? And if they do, would they continue big sales (their current after-Christmas sale is identical to their Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales) when Snow Leopard releases?

Or should I just buy the MBP now and get Snow Leopard later when it releases b/c the machine I'm looking for might be gone by the time Snow Leopard drops?

Not familiar with how these retailers work.

Thanks

2. akbc macrumors 6502

If the sales/deals are amazing at the moment, I see why not. Even if they DO upgrade to snow leopard (which I highly doubt), who says the stock is going to stay in their inventory?

If you need it, go do (buy) it now :) and when Snow Leopard comes out, some websites have the OS itself discounted as well.

3. kid rock macrumors regular

I agree, buy now and get snowleopard later, as I highly doubt there will be many (if any) old style MBP left to buy by the time snow leopard arrives