Waiting to buy older MBP with Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by colickyboy, Dec 28, 2008.

  1. colickyboy macrumors member

    Dec 27, 2008
    I'm a longtime PC user looking to make my first leap into Mac. I'm looking at getting an older MBP from a 3rd party retailer like MacMall or Mac Connection but was wondering if it would be better to wait until Snow Leopard is released in a couple months (or whatever)?

    Would a 3rd party retailer update all their inventory to the new OS? And if they do, would they continue big sales (their current after-Christmas sale is identical to their Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales) when Snow Leopard releases?

    Or should I just buy the MBP now and get Snow Leopard later when it releases b/c the machine I'm looking for might be gone by the time Snow Leopard drops?

    Not familiar with how these retailers work.

  2. akbc macrumors 6502

    Jul 11, 2008
    If the sales/deals are amazing at the moment, I see why not. Even if they DO upgrade to snow leopard (which I highly doubt), who says the stock is going to stay in their inventory?

    If you need it, go do (buy) it now :) and when Snow Leopard comes out, some websites have the OS itself discounted as well.
  3. kid rock macrumors regular

    Nov 11, 2007
    Southend-on-sea, Essex, England
    I agree, buy now and get snowleopard later, as I highly doubt there will be many (if any) old style MBP left to buy by the time snow leopard arrives

Share This Page