Waiting to see if you got a job

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ToddW, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ToddW macrumors 6502a

Well, so I had an interview for what I would call the most awesome job for me (besides apple) and I've been waiting to hear back and have done everything to the letter. Basically sent thank you letters for the interview and followed up 7-10 days later. I know that they were "very impressed with me" and have checked my references. I'm just going crazy waiting to hear back from them and wanted to vent a little.

So has anyone else been through this waiting to see if they have a chance at what could be a dream job for them?

2. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

3. tangledweb16 macrumors regular

tangledweb16

I just waited for two weeks to hear whether I got a job or not. Torture...

I did get it though. :D hurra!

4. operator207 macrumors 6502

I spent 4 months whoring myself to get a job. Every interview was "your over qualified". It sucks. My response at one point was, "I don't care, you can take the savings in training me, and apply it to a bonus for you, just give me the job!" That didn't work too well.

Anyway, I finally got the job I wanted (IT in the Medical industry). How? I have no clue. They found me, called me, waited 2 months to call me back to interview me, told me (again) I was over qualified. I asked how much were wages, when I heard, I told them that was not enough. They called me the next day, offered a few dollars more, I told them it was still not enough. Called me back 30 minutes later, offered a few dollars more. I told them they had me.

I was not expecting them to even hire me, as I was "over qualified" and their pay rate was not enough.

What I found out? I AM over qualified for this job (and ~3 positions above mine) but I get the pay I want, the hours I want, and some pretty cool people to work with as a bonus.

A perk of being over qualified, is that the people above me and in other positions in other departments, are seeing I can do much more than this position offers. Within the first week of working here, I was told by my bosses' boss that once the project I am working on is finished, I will be moving to another position.

I guess what I am saying is that the 2+ months I went on interviews, kissed butt, and dressed up nicer than I had in quite awhile, was worth it in the end.

I am sure it will be for you also.