I'd like to thank everyone for their information, and feedback on this board. After careful consideration, I have decided that there is too great a chance the 24'' I-Mac with an ATI configuration will give me a headache. My desire to purchase an I-Mac is not great enough to endure the return/phone game. I think Apple took a step in the right direction making the I-Mac a tad more respectable for gaming, at least in so far as the WoW type of games, but they are not quite there yet and obviously hit a snag with the 4850. I will continue to read this forum and post if I feel I have something to add, but I am not going to play Russian Roulette with a machine that costs over $2,000. Best of luck to those with more faith in Apple's intentions to sort this matter swiftly and painlessly.