Waiting, waiting...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by VanMan, Nov 1, 2007.

1. VanMan macrumors newbie

As of today, every other computer product but the mac pro has been updated. The laptops have been updated twice since the Mac Pros came out in August 2006! Argh... Just a rant.

2. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

I'm thinking they pushed up the MacBook updates for today and wanted them to be silent to not take away from the MacPro that will be updated within a week or two.

3. bhenneke macrumors newbie

Maybe I am just doing it wrong, or can't find it, but you can no longer get the x1900 video card as an upgrade option. At least in the US Apple store.

4. gerrynjr macrumors member

They most likely had too many of these cards fail on them... so they've been eliminated...

Or this is Apple's idea of a "quiet refresh" of the Mac Pro line :D

5. bhenneke macrumors newbie

I wish I bought the x1900 when I got my MP, but alas, I bought my MP at a Apple store and they had none in stock at the time. At a point, you were able to do a search at Apple's site and at least purchase the option, now the x1900 doesn't even show anything on the search page. Doesn't even bring up the MP page. Of course if you goto the MP page and do a custom configuration, you can add the x1900......

6. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

I can still select it? Where can you NOT see it? I'm confused. lol

7. OMGWTFBBQ macrumors member

OMGWTFBBQ

Man i hope so... what's the probability though that they put it out in January though? (knock on wood)

8. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

They can't, and if they do, that's stupid. Penryn will be 2 1/2 months old by then and other vendors would be using BEFORE Apple. If Apple wants the fastest machine, they better get it the day it comes out.

9. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

They don't want to take the attention away from LEOPARD.

Apple has been updating these portables at ludicrous speeds.

10. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

The portables don't need a big announcement though. Apple switches out their home page like every 3-4 weeks. By the time 11/13 rolls around, they can advertise the worlds fastest Mac again with Leopard. :)

11. bhenneke macrumors newbie

When you say you can select it, you are doing a configure of a new system, right? I wonder if you followed through with that configure and actually placed the order, if it would be delayed...

I corrected my first statement with another post to this thread stating that, yes you can select it in configure mode, but not by just doing a search for it and buying the stand-alone card. Sorry for any confusion. :)

12. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

All it says is 2-4 business days, but that's standard for any mods done to it. Whether you add to cart, not sure. lol Apple is up to something, I can see the MacPro coming this month soooo bad. lol

13. bld44 macrumors 6502

When I ordered my Mac Pro in April with a X1900 XT, there was an additional week delay for adding the card. Not on the other cards though, just that one.