iPhone X Waiting

mrcub63

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Chicagoland
Sigh, still waiting...I have an October 10 Verizon delivery time, this not enough inventory to meet demand stuff is really getting old, and the.. if you didn’t order at 11:59.999 at launch, the phone delivers a month later?? Makes no sense, two major billion dollar corporations (Verizon and Apple)can’t meet supply/demand?
I’ve should of known better, since Apple has done this since the beginning...my fault.
Just venting...thanks

Reactions: Theyayarealivin

now i see it

macrumors 603
Jan 2, 2002
Next time around, ordering your next phone, try to be patient and wait a few months after launch date before buying one. The OS is always a little less buggy and you might get a better phone. Also you can just walk in anywhere and buy it. Easy peasy.

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009
I literally ordered a 2nd phone on Sunday (sep 23rd) and it is scheduled to be delivered today (sep 25th) I don't understand why people don't just order the sim free versions.

Reactions: mrcub63

mrcub63

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Chicagoland
Next time around, ordering your next phone, try to be patient and wait a few months after launch date before buying one. The OS is always a little less buggy and you might get a better phone. Also you can just walk in anywhere and buy it. Easy peasy.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
You can just walk into a store though, if one is around you and get today in many places though. Every store around me has had stock on and off since Sat.

Reactions: MyMacintosh

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
Not everyone can just waltz into Apple or order from Apple.com.

I'm on a corporate plan and (in order to get the "upgrade") had to order from a corporate portal on Verizon's website. I ordered shortly after pre-orders became available and don't even have a tracking number yet. Verizon has no clue when it will ship, though one can reasonably guesstimate it will be on or after 10/3 and hopefully on or before 10/10.

Seems like Apple is just prioritizing inventory to its own stores and online store instead of intelligently re-allocating it between itself and re-sellers to fulfill orders quickly.

Raist3001

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2012
Right behind you
Main reason I never purchase at launch. I bought my X in December of last year. I can upgrade in November, but will wait until December. Most bugs should be sorted out, and the display lottery should improve. Have no issues with my X's display purchased in December of 2017.

mrcub63

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Chicagoland
Not everyone can just waltz into Apple or order from Apple.com.

I'm on a corporate plan and (in order to get the "upgrade") had to order from a corporate portal on Verizon's website. I ordered shortly after pre-orders became available and don't even have a tracking number yet. Verizon has no clue when it will ship, though one can reasonably guesstimate it will be on or after 10/3 and hopefully on or before 10/10.

Seems like Apple is just prioritizing inventory to its own stores and online store instead of intelligently re-allocating it between itself and re-sellers to fulfill orders quickly.
Makes sense, you’re probably right, thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.