waitinglist for iphone 4G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skye12, Aug 4, 2008.

1. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

2. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

4. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Thats what I was going to say...

Go ahead and sign up for the 3G iPhone now, because by the time your two-year contract is up, AT&T's LTE network may just be useable.

Hopefully they get a better jump on it than they did 3G. AT&T had it's ass handed to it by Sprint and Verizon this go around... Imagine how bad T-Mobile users feel :).

5. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I dunno. By then you'll be so old and decrepit that your knees will be giving out ;)

6. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Honestly I hope you are using 4g as a synonym for merely the next version of the iphone.

It will be anywhere from 2-5 years before the 4g network becomes as prevelant as the 3g is now. and people are still complaining about how lacking the 3g coverage is.

And honestly I don't see a big draw for 4g. 3g is PLENTY fast enough for a phone. especially when they get reception up in all areas. and i don't even want to THINK about what the battery life would be... :(

7. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

I know it's sad, but 3G actually beats my DSL speeds lol

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Tether that puppy and drop your home DSL line!

9. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

I don't want to be torrenting on my iPhone because I am almost certain it will murder my brand new device :D. And after discounts from Verizon on our home phone service, the DSL works out to be almost free. If it was dropped, our phone service would go up in price, almost matching the current bill. You see my depressing dilema? lol

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Also, consider the fact that the 3G network CAN work faster than it currently is. (In the U.S. anyway.) I'd rather see them work on improving the 3G speed and coverage than putting in yet ANOTHER network so soon.

But then, the O.P. may simply mean "3rd iPhone" by his statement. In which case, good for him. I'm sure there are others out there.

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I'm willing to bet the OP doesn't know 4G network from 4th Gen. Apple has many confused buy naming their 2G (2nd Gen) iPhone 3G (after the network and not the generation).

12. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt and assumed he mentioned the "4G" moniker out of sarcasm

13. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I bet you this time next year you'll be saying the exact same thing for the iPhone 3rd gen :D just buy a 3G now you know you want to ;) cuz I'm sure apple will leave somthing out or do something you don't like again

14. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yeah, I think that's the real answer.

I believe he is mocking all the "waiting for 32 GB people" and has intentionally made the post look dumb by putting in a technical gaffe (confusing 3G for G3 and assuming that 4G is the next phone, not the next network) as a way of showing how little he thinks of the "waiting for the next one" crowd.

15. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Dude, AT&T just spent $ Billions on a 3G network and is continuing to add new antennas every month. There is no way in heck that AT&T is going to come out with a 4G network this soon. It's probably going to be at least 2-3 years before we see a 4G network. And, AT&T just signed with Apple to extend the exclusivity agreement even longer. Even if a competitor develops a 4G network, the iPhone will only be made in 3G because of the agreement with AT&T. Anyone who skips the iPhone 3G because they are waiting for a 4G is going to be the only one that is losing out.

16. ogdogg macrumors 6502

Forget 4G. Wait until AT&T rolls out the 5G network in 2015 then send your Honda robot to wait in line for you.

17. MrGiggles058 macrumors newbie

MrGiggles058

The Apocolypse.....could it be??

Ha until the Iphone 5gs and your robot decide they want to take over the world. Hmm that must be why the mayan calender ends on dec 21, 2012 its cuz apple releases there new Iphone for christmas and everyone goes to get it then the Iphones decide they've had enough and well you can imagine the rest thats pretty much the end of us hahaha...Hopefully Will smith is there to save us or Steve Jobbs has a backup plan lol

18. ogdogg macrumors 6502

The 4G iPhones are the ones that will attempt to take over the world. I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs knows this and that's why he's saving the real technology for the 5G iPhones or as I like to call them, "The iDefenders". Anyone stupid enough to wait for the 4G iPhones will surely regret their decision when they have to wait and purchase the 5G iPhone just to restore order to their household.

19. MrGiggles058 macrumors newbie

MrGiggles058

You might have it right ogdogg lol now you should go buy the domain name Idefender.com or theidefender.com then you can sell it to apple for 100 million dollars when the time comes. Then buy a couple Iphone 5Gs and a Rocket Ship and fly out of the catastrophe that earth will be by then and go to the moon and have the Iphones build a new city then you will have to start from scratch.....Oh and maybe you should take cindy crawford with you.... oh and of course jessica alba for backup! :)

20. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

Just Jessica Alba would suffice :D

21. ogdogg macrumors 6502

By 2012 she'll be beaten down by motherhood and her case of the clap. Think the future my friend. Miley Cyrus. haha...

22. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

Touche.

(Something tells me this thread is screeching towards "Wasteland" :))

23. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I'm lmao on 4!

:D

24. MrGiggles058 macrumors newbie

MrGiggles058

One thing is for certain Irobot wasnt far off. I can see it happening at the pace were going :p

25. brisweeney macrumors regular

brisweeney

bringing this slightly back to a serious thread, and not bothered making a new one, bbc news 24's "click" show had a report that lg, samsung and some others are currently road testing a new mobile service. its regularly getting download speeds of 50mbps and upload of nearly that too! apparently 3 years away from putting into phones, at the moment the kit is about half the size of a macbook!.......so a bit big!