waived upgrade fee?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by juicexct, Jun 24, 2010.

1. juicexct macrumors member

I called up AT&T customer service and explained to them that I've been a customer for 10 years and our the bill is $150 a month. I also stated that I would be purchasing a $300 phone and another 2 year contract. I asked them if they could waive the upgrade fee like some people here have said they were able to do. I was told the $18 fee was standard procedure and could not be waived. So how are people getting around this? I don't think I should have to pay AT&T on top of the phone and contract price.

2. bostonte macrumors regular

My text from *NEW# says, "As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and waive the $18 upgrade fee."

I didn't do anything, it just says that.

The other two lines I upgraded today said I would be charged the $18 upgrade fee.

3. quid squid macrumors regular

when I ordered my phone from Apple it said my fee would be waived, then it showed up on AT&T's end.

4. anitrajw macrumors regular

I received a text showing the fee would be waived also, but today I got something in the mail stating my next bill would be higher due to an upgrade/activation fee.