Wake button lag

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 3bs, Mar 11, 2012.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

There is about a 1-2 second lag between when I press the wake/sleep button and the screen lighting up. This only happens when I've left the phones screen off for a few mins or more. If I press it multiple times after each other there is no lag. I don't have any actions set in Activator or any other tweak that uses the wake/sleep button. I would do a restore and set up as a new phone if I could but I can't since I'm on a 4S. Here is a list of the jailbreak apps/tweaks I have.

Activator
    AnyLockApp
    Barrel
    biteSMS
    Exchange Unlock
    FastClear
    iFile
    IntelliScreenX
    NCQuickDismiss
    NoStoreButton
    PasswordPilot
    QuickNote for NotificationCenter
    Springtomize 2
    Stealth Cam
    WeeFlashlight for NotificationCenter
    WeeSearch Pro for NotificationCenter
    Winterboard
    Zephyr
    Zeppelin

2. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

might not be related, but I had to reset my activator to default as whenever I tried to make changes, my home button stopped working when in an app.

it started off as a bit of a lag, but then became non responsive until I reset to defaults

3. tateu macrumors 6502

Mine always takes atleast a second. I don't remember what it was like before the jailbreak. I never even paid attention to how long it takes until I read your post...I assumed it was always this way...it's never bothered me.

4. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I'll try that as a last resort if no one has any other theories. How would I go about doing it? Delete the activator .plist?

No I'm pretty sure mine was instantaneous. It was even after jailbreaking and tweaking it but I stopped using my iPhone for like 2 weeks and I'm back using it and now I noticed it. It might have been something I installed right before I stopped using it but I'm not sure.

5. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

As soon as I configured activator to do a few cool things my home button went screwy and does not register everytime I press it, mainly when the phone is already unlocked. I frequently have to hit home twice to get to the springboard when in apps, and sometimes my action that is supposed to occur with two quick home button presses in activator goes off even though the presses are not anywhere near in quick succession. I'll bet it's playing a part in you issues. Maybe.:p

I'm still living with it, but I do hope the dev gets it right soon.:rolleyes:

6. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

It could be but activator was the first thing I got and I've had it for a while now with no issues until recently.