Wake for Network Access keeps turning on

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ripmax2000, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Ripmax2000 macrumors regular

I have a new iMac, but had this same issue on my older one too. The problem is, I want to leave Wake for Network Access turned off, but every time I restart my computer, it's re-ticked itself again.

I didn't migrate or copy the Library from my old computer, so i'm guessing its something I've installed on both. The only apps I've installed so far are; VMware Fusion, EyeTv, VLC, Speed Download, Logitech Control Centre & Transmission. All pretty standard apps I think.

Anyone got any ideas why this might happen? Or what could fix it?

Thanks.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

No idea as to why it's happening but you should be able to delete com.apple.PowerManagement.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and restart to try to correct it. There may also be a com.apple.AutoWake.plist but I'm not sure if that is only for the scheduled boot/sleep/shutdown function or if it would have any bearing on the issue you have.

3. Ripmax2000 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I gave that a try but issue persists.

Any other ideas from anyone?

4. Ripmax2000 thread starter macrumors regular

Another power related problem is that when I put my iMac to sleep, it wakes itself up right away, then I have to put it to sleep for a 2nd time before it stays asleep.

Exact same issue as my 24" iMac used to have.

5. polocanada macrumors newbie

Same thing here... My MiFi stick is connected via USB port and it keeps waking it up. There is no problem with the USB because when I uncheck the option in the Power Management it works fine. After reboot again checked.