Wake for network Access w/ Remote and iTunes Library

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Dr Kevorkian94, May 24, 2015.

1. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Hey everyone I have a problem pertaining to the remote app not connecting to my iTunes library when asleep. The details of my system are: Early 08 iMac running Yosemite 10.10.4, iTunes 12.1.2.27, and my router is an airport extreme . I've had this problem ever since Yosemite was first released with the only improvement being that my library actually shows up opposed to not being there at all. My current predicament is that it my library will show up in the remote app but either "can't connect" or I get the message saying "make sure library is in range and powered on."(When my iMac is asleep) Also wake for network access doesn't do just that, although it does show up it usually follows with the error messages I stated. I understand and that I am on some beta software but this has been going on for a long time. I have done some research with and found no solution that has worked (because I remember this was a problem early in the betas but was supposedly fixed). Hoping anyone can help me out here, I can provide more info if needed.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Sleep on the Mac is like hibernate on Windows. If you don't want to wake your Mac on remote sharing then look at getting a smart NAS (I suggest Synology) and move your iTunes Library to the NAS. Here is a video that you might find interesting.

3. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

You will have to wait for a very long time for Apple to fix this. Wake On Demand simply doesn't work in Yosemite reliably. If it works for awhile, it will eventually stop.

4. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

Oh I was under the assumption this was fixed, I guess I will have to wait. I use my iMac as the hub for the music system in the house. I guess I'll have to use caffeine or another app to keep my mac awake when I need to use it for an extended period time. I might try what the above poster suggested. Thank you!